Options

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    Options
    Absolutely love my FitBit Ultra. Keeps me moving and yes, I do get my 10,000 minimum steps per day even it means I'm still doing them at 10pm just before I go to bed. I wouldn't be four lbs from my goal without it.
  • Roniqua29
    Roniqua29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really love my fit bit flex. It took me a month to be happy with it becuase it doesnt have a display (the app started off really bad but has improved greatly). I love how it syncs with myfitpal. I am planning on selling my flex and getting the Force when it comes out (11/15). It has a few upgrades, time display and also is more of a watch than the piece in the wrist band (which I think will be way better and more comfortable). I also wear the Nike Fuel band.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Everything she said, plus their customer service is excellent ...

I'll second that. When my original Ultra started to be less reliable they upgraded me to the One with no quibble whatsoever.
  • FrontBoard
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit One. It works well with most types of exercise I do (mainly walking) and helps me keep track of how active I really have been during the day. TDEE sedentary tends to be a low estimate for me, at least according to the Fitbit.

I use it along with their Aria scale and syncing with MFP to keep track of activity, weight, BF%, and calories. The new dashboard on the Fitbit site makes all that information easily accessible My wife also really likes the sleep tracking on the One other than having to remember to turn it on and off manually.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex activity monitor and honestly I don't think its very accurate. It gives me calories burned while I sleep..Huh? And the sleep mode is so unnecessary. I'm never gonna go back a week or a month to see how long I slept Lol. My opinion is buy a Heart Rate monitor and you will get a better view of calories burned.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I own a Fitbit Flex. I wore it for about a month and found it was an unreliable piece of garbage. It was usually wildly over or under my actual activity level for a given day.

Now it's a $100 decoration on my bookcase.

Want to buy a used one? Lol.
  • jomama519
    jomama519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit zip, which just clips on your belt or shirt, and i like it. even if i don't exercise, if i have a day where i'm walking around a little more than normal, i get exercise calories added in. i can see the number of steps walked or calories burned so far for the day just by looking at it's screen. i don't frequently have any problems syncing, as i sync with either my bluetooth or my tablet. sometimes, you can get a groupon for $50 worth of merchandise for $25 with brookstone or sharper image. that's what i used to get my zip at a cheaper price than retail...
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    id recommend a HRM you dont need a device to ESTIMATE your activity level.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I own a Fitbit Flex. I wore it for about a month and found it was an unreliable piece of garbage. It was usually wildly over or under my actual activity level for a given day.

Now it's a $100 decoration on my bookcase.

Want to buy a used one? Lol.

Sell it here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2716-buy-sell-trade
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Love my Flex but really want to get the Force!
  • FrontBoard
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex activity monitor and honestly I don't think its very accurate. It gives me calories burned while I sleep..Huh? And the sleep mode is so unnecessary. I'm never gonna go back a week or a month to see how long I slept Lol. My opinion is buy a Heart Rate monitor and you will get a better view of calories burned.

Your body is always burning calories unless you are dead. The Fitbit is showing you that you are burning at, or close to, BMR when you are sleeping. If you take one 15min calorie value from their graph during sleeptime and multiply by 96 then you should get something very close to your BMR from the online calculators.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and LOVE it! For me, it is accurate for my calorie count/activity level through the day. It is also great as a motivator to let me know them days that I don't seem to be moving as much! I do use my Polar for a better accurate on my runs (and other cardio). I don't think I would like wearing it around my wrist. I clip mine on y underwear and don't even know it is there all day;)
  • pauldix
    pauldix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely, just don't lose it like I have.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    Options
    I love the sleep mode. I find it very helpful to keep track of how often I'm waking in the night. I often don't even know myself.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I really like mine.

If you are motivated by numbers, you will benefit from any tracking device such as the fitbit (jawbone makes one as well as several other brands). Do your research and find what works for you.

I no longer track my exercise calories on MFP, I let my fitbit subtract whatever given calories I've burned for the day. It doesn't do well for strength training, dancing or anything really other than walking- but it is still a great motivator. I suspect it likely does subtract a little more than what I've burned on some days, so when I do strength train I just eat whatever calories I have left on MFP. I figure it evens out.

All in all, it has motivated me to walk a heck of a lot more. I was shocked to see on average I was only taking about 4,000 steps a day (fitbit's goal is 10,000, or 5 miles a day), so I now try to walk more every day and usually hit my goal on my non-workout days. Other days I get as high as 15,000. Anyways, I say it's worth it! I wear mine every day. One charge lasts about 2 weeks for me.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip. It motivates me to make sure that I get in those 10k steps a day. I like that I don't have to figure out how fast I'm walking & trying to remember how long I walked. It automatically gives me the extra calories for it on MFP because they're linked up. No recordkeeping involved. If you don't care about measuring stair or sleep activity the zip is the one for you. The zip works for me because it's simple.
  • rosevalleygirl23
    rosevalleygirl23 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. I love it and have used it everyday for almost three months. Right off the bat I set a goal of 10,000 steps a day. Doing things here and there to reach that goal has added a few extra good habits to my daily life.

I love the dashboard. Some evenings I'll just refresh the page a few times to see the green smiley faces and the "hooray's." The app/website interface does a great job of gamification.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I had a FitBit Zip (just mailed it off to my sister to try) and now have a FitBit One. My wife also has the One and we love them. My wife has been known to hand me her fitbit to walk up a flight of stairs for her if she forgot it on the charger and needs to recover her steps ;). My calorie number is almost entirely managed by what the fitbit tells me I am allowed to have. Between the Fitbit, MFP and my Treadmill desk I have been able to reach my current number since I started all of them on Christmas last year. Without the fitbit I doubt I would be anywhere near where I am today.

I use a treadmill desk and I am positive that the flex would not record my information properly, so for me the One is the way to go, but depending on your usage the Flex may be something you like better. Really for the cost the Fitbit is a great little device. There are others out there around the same price but I find most of the wrist based one as bad solutions for people who will be using treadmills as they won't capture all your steps if your arms are in a fixed position (holding the rail, leaning on a wrist pad while typing...)
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and I love it! Yes I think it is a worthy purchase. They offer many different options, make sure you compare the different ones to get one with all the options you are looking for.