it starts today

Hi guys. Im Iain i am 40 from Oxfordshire. I have a number of reasons for doing this now. First i am a type 2 diabetic, I have Arthritis and we are off to Disney next year and want to get on ALL the rides. I need to lose 2 stone by then as i have my diabetic MOT in feb next year and i have been told i must have made an improvement.
Wish me luck.

Iain

Replies

• Hello,

My journey back on MFP starts today as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

I am in this for the long run
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Good luck.:flowerforyou: Here's an excellent read to get you started if you haven't read it yet:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    So day one has ended and according to my MFP chart i still have 843 calories left? When it gets to 7pm and i have had my evening meal what can i eat to make sure i don't eat to little. I have decided that i should eat my evening meal before 6pm. I was planing to head to the pool for an hour but am worried i will burn off to much after not taking my full intake for the day. Does this make sense or am i reading it all wrong????
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    So day one has ended and according to my MFP chart i still have 843 calories left? When it gets to 7pm and i have had my evening meal what can i eat to make sure i don't eat to little. I have decided that i should eat my evening meal before 6pm. I was planing to head to the pool for an hour but am worried i will burn off to much after not taking my full intake for the day. Does this make sense or am i reading it all wrong????
    Don't stress over it too much. If you have had sufficient lean protein and healthy fats, fiber and micronutrients, have whatever you like to get to your calorie goal for the day. If you are a bit over or under your calorie goal, that's not a biggie either. Step back and look at things from a weekly perspective if it helps. An active day with a bigger deficit is okay, because you may have a less active day later in the week, or end up eating more on a certain day, and have a smaller deficit. As long as you are eating at an 'average' weekly deficit, you'll be fine.
  • Im starting today as well!!! I am going to comitt to this 100%! I have one beautiful daughter and would love to add to our family as soon as I lose 10kg :) Add me and we can keep each other on track! :wink: