Work Out DVD's

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on work out DVD's that are comparable to Jillian Michaels.

I know alot of peolpe here do her DVD's and I have a few of them myself and have seen results when I do them, however, I have to modify a lot of the moves because they are too hard on my knees and shoulders.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

~Sue

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com streams free workout videos on the computer. They have some of everything including low impact cardio, HIIT including tabata style workouts, pilates, weights, toning.

Seriously, LOVE their workouts!
  • Schmoozy07
    Schmoozy07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think I've heard those mentioned on here before, but I don't have a computer :(

I tried to do some work outs using my phone and it was hard LOL!!

Thank you for your response!!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, not having a computer makes it tougher. I like ten minute solution DVD's, they have lots to choose from. Leslie Sansone has helped me, she's low impact "walking" based aerobics. I don't know what to recommend for bad knees though.
  • CarmineDeMarco
    CarmineDeMarco Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Jillian Michaels' programs, but Beachbody offers a variety of programs at all different levels...great trainers like Tony Horton, Shaun T, etc.
  • hungry4change81
    Options
    I would highly recommend trying Kathy Smith... She's been around a long time, keeps modifying the programs n always work for me. Have the knee probs too. I think it's a good idea to take multivitamin , bit D & calcium along with the exercises. I'm 30 plus.
    But do get YOUR GP's opinion.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am going on a trip for 2 wks and will be indoors a lot. These online workouts will help. :smile:
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    BeachBody workouts are pretty good. I've done Insanity in the past (GREAT results) and am currently doing P90X. I recommend buying on Amazon so you don't accidentally get roped into vitamin/supplement auto-delivery charges.
  • Schmoozy07
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I hadn't thought of Kathy Smith I used to do her VHS tapes a long time ago, should look into her DVD's. I've been wanting to try the Beach Body work outs.
    I do love Leslie Sansone! My legs and butt need some serious toning and wasn't sure Id get that with her workouts. Good info thanks!
  • Schmoozy07
    Options
    Oh how about Karen Voight, anybody do her workouts? She's another one I did on VHS back in the day. Lol