heart rate monitor

Options
What is the best heart rate monitor with no chest strap that will measure steps, heart rate and calories?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Answer.....none. A HRM that doesn't have a chest strap is not worth buying (at any price) unless all you want to do is periodically check your heart rate.

To count steps you are looking at a pedometer which is something entirely different.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think that you are more interested in a fitbit, I believe that that measures steps and activity.
  • Ldredding
    Ldredding Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is a chest strapreasonable to wear all day everyday? I've heard of people saying they have something they wear that looks like a watch and it measures heart rate off your pulse on your wrist.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is a chest strapreasonable to wear all day everyday? I've heard of people saying they have something they wear that looks like a watch and it measures heart rate off your pulse on your wrist.

Sounds like what you're looking for is more along the lines of a fitbit. HRMs aren't intended for all day use, their usefulness for estimating caloric expenditure is pretty much limited to periods of steady state cardio.
  • kelsieowen3
    Options
    The chest straps are not bad at all; especially for us women who are used to having a strap around that area. Mine blends in with my sports bra and I don't even notice it. I've worn it all day numerous times without any problems. I currently have a polar ft7 that I purchased off of Amazon. It's pretty basic but it doesn't exactly what I want: monitors my heart rate and lets me know my calorie burn.
  • dannyferris9
    Options
    There are several different types of monitor, some with chest straps some without. Some of the chest strap versions operate with an app on your mobile.

Some people wear the chest straps all day without problems. There are versions available that are just like a watch and they range from 10's of dollars the 100's.

to see a selection with reviews features and video testimonials check out http://myheartbeatmonitor.com hope this helps :smile: