Hey Newbie here

Options
This is my first time actively to lose weight and figure it would be easier if I keep track of everything and maybe make some friends.

I have severe anxiety and depression and also have an underactive thyroid which I suspect may be the contributing factors since I recently got my anti depressants changed (weight gain in a common side effect of these one) which also messed up my routine meaning I had forgotten to take my Thyroxine for days at a time as well. (my diet wasn't awful but it's better now) I'm back in a routine and hoping to lose what I had gained. :)

I joined yesterday but thought I should pluck up the courage to try socialize and say Hi and Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Replies

• Renegade706
    Options
    Congrats on having the courage to face your issues and do something about it! Wish you the best of luck, feel free to add me :)
  • LilAilsa
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    This was my first attempt at losing weight also but I think I did okay at it so far. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will encourage you as best as I can. Most importantly, cheers to you to give it a try!!!
  • JVB1269
    Options
    Hey I joined today. Feel free to add me -- I have no one else on my list either, but I know we can do it. :)
  • meganpwood
    meganpwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know a lot of people in your shoes and it's not easy. Good luck and feel free to friend me. :)
  • Nirvanika
    Options
    Hey Lisa, Welcome to the Forum! I am also in the same boat. I joined yesterday in order to remain motivated. I can already see the benefits of an online food diary using myfitness platform--- it is far more convenient for me to see how I am eating. I am not too sure about the cumulative calorie count suggested by the FitnessPal database after I enter my food choices, STILL rough estimates of my calorie intake are helping me to become more conscious about Carb, Protein, Salt,Sugar and Fat equation. Entering this data has also made me more aware about my food choices in the last 48 hours. After six months of going to the gym for 3-4 times a week (for 60-75 minutes every time), I lost only 3 Kilograms. I felt very disheartened but I gradually realised my mistake --- mindful eating is the most important aspect to achieve the slender and healthy body of my dreams. I hope that both of us will achieve our goals. Good luck to you for reaching your ideal health and fitness mark!
  • LilAilsa
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Anida21
    Anida21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Newbie, I'm a newbie too :) id love to be your friend. I can help motivate you :)

Lets do this :)
  • Nirvanika
    Options
    My close friend suffered from thyroid issue for 5-6 years. She started gaining weight despite doing exercise, taking medication and diet control. Finally she was advised to try Mind-Body medicine by her doctor in the US. She consulted doctors here (see link http://www.massgeneral.org/bhi/). Apparently, Meditation (chakra meditation) and alternate nostril breathing exercises are helping her under-active Thyroid condition a lot. You can consider that as an option after talking to your GP.
  • LilAilsa
    Options
    Yay so many new friends already :P

Thank you Nirvan I'll keep that in mind I have an appointment in a little over a week