Completed C25K!

Options
I never thought I'd be able to say this but I completed Couch to 5K this morning!!

When I started, I was 38 pounds heavier, massively out of shape, and could barely run a minute at a time. I'm not up to a full 5K yet (I'm only running just over 2 miles on the treadmill) but I am going to start aiming for increasing speed and getting up to that 5K mark in time for Thanksgiving, when I run in my first 5K race!

I'm still a LONG way from my weight-loss and running goals, but I am on my way and this success only makes me more committed to continuing on this path.

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Always nice to see another C25K Graduate! I finished a month ago, and I'm training for my first 5k in December!

Keep on keeping on!! :D
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm about two weeks away from finishing too. I'm doing one of the runs today, and both excited and nervous at the same time. I hope I can finish it!

L.
  • FelipaJ
    FelipaJ Posts: 71
    Options
    Love C25K!
    Congrats :flowerforyou:

(the picture in my ticker is the starting line at my first 5k)
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    congrats!! :flowerforyou: I want to be like you someday (say, in about 8 weeks since I'm on week 2? :wink: )
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am going to be starting it in a few weeks. I am on Week 8 of Insanity, so when I am done that I will be starting C25K along with some resistance training on rest days. Bring It!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Thanks so much y'all! :heart:

I'm still grinning from ear to ear about my success!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm moving on to week 2 today after staying on week 1 for WAY too long. :blushing:

You should be very proud!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Good for you! I did C25K and never thought I would enjoy it, but I'm still running! :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    did you do it on your iphone or something else? I want to start but don't know which one to use. There's like 3 dif aps on my phone.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Yes, I used an app for my iPhone that let me upload my own music and stuff. There are free podcasts as well, from what I understand.

Good luck!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good job! I'm on week 9 right now, did my first day of it last night and managed to get 3.35 miles in 30 minutes, so i'm looking forward to my first official 5K race on Dec. 4. Keep up the the great work!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration, Congrats!!!!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm in the middle of Week 2. 38 pounds is fantastic!!! Did you do any other exercise on the in between days?
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Great job!
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I <3 C25k! I just finished week 3 day 2 today! Can't wait to finish
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm in the middle of Week 2. 38 pounds is fantastic!!! Did you do any other exercise on the in between days?

Oh YES I work out 6 days a week and usually talk a long walk on my "off day". I do yoga once a week, and do various strength and weight training every other day to build strength and muscle.

Thanks again for all the support everyone!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Such a great achievement isn't it? :bigsmile:

I finished C25K 3 weeks ago & am doing my first official 5K this Saturday! When I started C25K I couldn't hardly run for a minute - now it amazes me that I can just keep going!

Congrats to ALL of you that are doing C25K. :flowerforyou:
  • OmniDeus
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am on my week 6 day 3. Keep up the great work.!! Lost 14 lbs but gain a lot of muscles on the way. Love C25k. Either version is fine for the c25k but I bought the one from the developer Alex.
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I may try this again. I plan to add in extra cardio starting November 8th and maybe I will follow the C25K plan. Its sooo hard for me to run.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Congrats...I love c25k its my fav. thing in my fitness life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!