meal plan advice

Options
Hello I am new on here because I am hoping to get some advice from someone who is specialized or has recovered from an ed.
Heres a little background: I'm 19 year old female, 5'5.5, 116lbs and just started weightlifting a couple months ago 3 times a week. Besides that my cardio is mostly walking around uni campus and maybe a walk or hike once a week.
I lost a lot of weight really fast last year underrating while backpacking. I hated how skinny i was so raised my calories to 2500+ and gained to where i am now. I have been maintaing this weight for about 7 months however i am now eating 2000 calories.
My question is is this enough? Or should I be able to eat more? I really dont want to screw up my metabolism again:(
Any advice or meal plans that give me a good idea of what regular girls my age eat would be great!

Replies

• tinyfitness_
    Options
    you were maintaining at 2500, why drop to 2000?
    If you wanted to gain muscle, eat between 2000-2500 and if you increase intensity of exercise, eat more!!

Test how you go with certain calorie amounts on how much energy you have, if you see any gains, if you put on weight/gain weight, see how you feel, measure, just listen to your body!!!
    :)
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    First of all, I have to say it is refreshing to read a post like this. You obviously aren't under eating and don't want to be skinny!

What are your goals?

First you need to define your goals. If your goal is to be an average 19 year old girl, then you are probably there and doing what you need to do.

If you want to be above average, you need to figure out what you want first.

What sort of eating disorder do you have/ think you have?