Do you give yourself a daily calorie limit?

Options
I understand the MFP concept of Net calories. Mine is 1220 calories. The question I have is do you give yourself a daily calorie limit, such as 1650 calories and then exercise back to MFP net calorie amount OR do you just eat however much you want to eat AS LONG as you exercise and burn the extra calories back to 1220?
Thanks

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on the day for me. Some days I go a little too far, and try to exercise away the extra. Some days I'm at a big deficiency due to exercise, but I don't bother to eat back the calories if I'm not hungry.
  • Rashmi_mishra
    Rashmi_mishra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1220 seems very low for you. I set myself to 1457 (TDEE - 20%) and then eat some of my exercise calories (if i have any).. Use lin below to arrive at how many calories you should consume. Very low calorie intake is not sustainable.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have my daily calorie goal that I try to meet regardless of exercise. If I do exercise and find myself hungry, then I may have an extra snack or a couple beers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use TDEE-20% and just eat up to my goal. I often end up counting peas so I don't go over or something...
  • dliteb440
    dliteb440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I am going to give myself a calorie range of 1300-1650. I need flexibility . This is the calorie range for my weight according to the old weight watchers 123 success plan and then I plan to exercise back to my MFP net calories.