Your 'WHY' has to be BIGGER than Your EXCUSES

Options
Tip of the day: Your “WHY” has to be BIGGER than your EXCUSES.

Check in with yourself. And be honest. Are you gaining weight? Are you losing motivation? Are you becoming less active just because it gets dark out earlier?

I’m 45 days into my current workout schedule. But you know what? I also have 45 days left. I’m not seeing results as quickly as I would like, so I had to give myself some tough love. I had to dig deep and really be honest with myself. You’ve heard the phrase “You can’t out exercise a bad diet” and that’s 100% true. Your results are 80% dependent on what you eat and drink. I’ve allowed myself too many slips here and there. Going out to eat for special occasions. Eating right before bed. Skimping on water and drinking soda. Sound familiar?

So, for the next 45 days, I’m kicking my own butt and tightening up my nutrition. I will not skip any workouts and I will feed my body what it needs. Small tweaks now will help you make huge gains towards your goals later. Use less sugar in your coffee. Skip the Lean Cuisine and make your own grilled chicken and veggies for lunch. Make your own healthy sandwich and ditch the Subway Sodium-Filled Sub. Drink an extra cup or two of water every day. Don’t skip your workouts. Snack smarter. Hold yourself accountable. If that’s not enough, find someone else to hold you accountable. I check-in with my accountability partner several times a day. When I do good, I text her. When I’m struggling, I text her. Support is key.

It doesn’t happen overnight, but you have to be consistent. You can’t eat healthy 4 days a week and eat garbage 3 days a week and expect to see results. I didn’t lose 30 pounds overnight. It took time. And it’s going to take time for me to lose the next 30. But I’m doing it. That time will pass whether you sit on the couch or get up and do something about it. The holidays are here. Christmas is in 45 days. New Year’s Eve is in 51 days. Get started now. Don’t wait until it’s January 1st and you’re making the same list of Resolutions that you always do. Don’t wait. Be BOLD about your goals and do it TODAY. Change happens when you change. :)

(Photo is 30lb progress so far)

Replies

• sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great post! No pics though...
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm starting off small. Starting today, I'm going 21 days without 'snack' foods, including the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to see if I can do it.
  • kristibluefood
    kristibluefood Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the post :) I guess I don't know how to upload pics :/ Will have to figure it out and post later :)
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    I'm starting off small. Starting today, I'm going 21 days without 'snack' foods, including the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to see if I can do it.

Starting off small is an awesome way to go! Too many big changes can be too overwhelming and may cause you to burn out before you see progress or are able to turn those changes into habits. Don't be afraid of snacks, though. They can be extremely helpful in between meals so that you don't get so hungry that you binge the next time eat. Just snack smarter: whole foods (fruit, cheese, nuts, veggies, whole grains) and not processed stuff (100 calorie packs are a good example of what to try and avoid).

You got this! Small tweaks can be huge and if you're really consistent, you could see progress in as little as 2 weeks!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i like that im stealing it
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great post!!
  • Nephilim23
    Nephilim23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That was really inspirational for me! And you're so right about it! Thank you for this!
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    i like that im stealing it

Haha, thank you! Please share... sometimes we all need a different perspective :)
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    That was really inspirational for me! And you're so right about it! Thank you for this!

Aw, thank you! So happy that it inspired you :)
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    Great post!!

Thanks so much! :)
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    PicsArt_1376785667758.jpg
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    love this!
    a friend of mine told me that it takes 21 days of doing something before it becomes a habit. Therefore, i'm going to TRY and not eat before bed for 21 days in a row. last night was night #1 :)
  • kristibluefood
    Options
    Hi all :) For the life of me, I can’t figure out how the heck to add photos to my posts! Instead, I’ve added my current progress photos to my Profile photo page. There is a side shot and a back shot. Left photo is my max (Size 16/18 and 222lbs) and Right is my Current (Size 10/12 and 193lbs). Please disregard the unsightly tanlines in the after shot – I wore a tankini this summer and it was the first swimsuit I had even owned in the past 7 years!