I squatted 95 lbs today!

Options
I know that may not seem like much, but since last month I could hardly squat the bar, I felt like a beast. :smokin:

Replies

• cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Woohooo!!! Congrats to YOU!!! that is an awesome accomplishment! Keep up the good work
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Woah! That's like squatting a small person! I'd say that's an accomplishment. Good job. :smile:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Great job :smile:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. That's more than I can squat right now. Well done!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Good work
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Remember to keep good form to prevent injury. Less weight and correct execution may even be better in the long run. I just do body weight squats or with a KB, but DAILY! :)
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The absolute number doesn't matter, what does matter is that you've pretty much doubled what you could do a month ago. Keep getting stronger and putting more on the bar, and you'll be putting up beast-like numbers in no time.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats! :D
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I know that may not seem like much, but since last month I could hardly squat the bar, I felt like a beast. :smokin:
    You should feel like one. Congrats! Wish you continued success.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I love it when women are proud of getting stronger, good job! Also, great that you're working with barbells.

As a caviat, and I'm only mentioning this to help you keep perspective over the long haul, you're going to experience a lot of gains like this as you're still in the beginning stages of lifting.

It WILL slow down as you start challenging your true potential (right now your body is mostly just adapting to heavy weights, kiiiiiiiiind of like you had the ability all along and now your body is living up to it, nervous system adaptation). Just make sure you are using a solid program with progression, and keep at it. Good days/weeks and bad days/weeks, it's all part of getting stronger in the long run.

What program are you using?