I'm a newbie too!

Options
Looks like there are a few of us!! I have always struggled with weight, and I know there are many that do the same. I just want to be happy in my own skin....to me I have 50 lbs. to lose but it looks so far away. So one step at a time. I have been walking my neighbors dog for the last month, on average 3 miles every second day...to which I have become rather attached, plus he makes me feel guilty when he looks over the fence at me. He is a beauty! He is losing but I'm not, go figure.
My doc asked me if I heard of the HAM diet....half as much!! Makes sense. The math is simple.
So.....I decided to track but I tend to fall off the wagon; this time I am committed but may need a little encouragement! I am 48 with my birthday in January. My goal is 170 by the time I am 50. I can do it!! I will continue my dog walking with my friend Scout, do the treadmill at work at lunch, drink my water and keep positive thoughts. I could go on and on, I really feel my head is in the right place, I just need to see a little result. Can't wait!!
Good luck and look forward to giving you some encouragement too!!

Replies

• sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am always looking for new support and new people to help encourage along the way. Feel free to *kitten* me :D
  • Sarahrz
    Sarahrz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good personal goal! I'm fairly new to MFP and only have a few friends so feel free to add me as well if you want to motivate each other.
  • cramervogt
    Options
    Hey im new too! 3 Miles WOW! Would love to have you as a friend on here. i have about 40lbs to lose and im already 50.
  • Colorburst29
    Options
    I've been on for a while but haven't really posted until now. I'm going to make an honest effort to log in everyday. Support and friends are welcomed!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had a similar goal a few years ago. I wanted to lose 50 pounds before I turned 50....I DID IT!!! :bigsmile:

In December 2010 I was at my highest of 198. I am now at 134. It wasn't easy, It wasn't always fun, and It wasn't without some pain....BUT OH WAS IT SO WORTH IT!!! :drinker:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Stay strong!!! Stay focused!! PLAN PLAN PLAN!!! :flowerforyou:
  • missmelt
    missmelt Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi newbie you can never have too many friends or too much support add me if u like i post and comment everyday!