Cellulite, oh cellulite.

Options
Okay so even when I was in a healthy BMI range for my height (150, 5'8") I still had cellulite, just not nearly as much as I have now. Now the delightful stuff is on my thighs in both the front and back and also on my rear end. I know I can lose the weight, because anything is possible when you are motivated and diligent, but am I ever going to drop the cellulite or is that just a pipe dream? When I get to my goal weight I wanna wear short shorts damnit! Does anyone have any experience with this, any success stories that will give me some hope?

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The appearance of mine definitely reduces when I lose weight. I'm not saying it goes away 100% but a lot of it does. Good luck!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The appearance of mine definitely reduces when I lose weight. I'm not saying it goes away 100% but a lot of it does. Good luck!
    oh and a little self tanner goes a Long way!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    fishnet tights make cellulite invisible. and they're sexy as hell too ;)
  • jacbarney
    Options
    Do you notice it going away on the front of your thighs when you lose weight because I honestly never had that issue before I got up to around 185. Ugh. And thanks for the feedback!
  • jacbarney
    Options
    fishnet tights make cellulite invisible. and they're sexy as hell too ;)

Oh I am a firm beliver in tights, stockings, etc of all styles! Lol.
  • jacbarney
    Options
    oh and a little self tanner goes a Long way!

This is very true. I just am way too busy most days to bother with fake tan, though it does work wonders!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Mine is *nearly* gone, and it was pretty sloppy at one point.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is something pretty much regardless of body size that we all have (even celebs shock horror :noway: ). Body brushing, exfoliating, self tanner, hydrating properly & massage can help a bit. To be honest I think its one of those things we notice ourselves more than anyone else does.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That's encouraging! My cellulite is pretty terrifying!!! I've NEVER been able to rock short shorts because my thighs have always been the biggest part of me. First place I gain, last place I lose. AAAH! So frustrating!!!
  • jacbarney
    Options

That's awesome and encouraging! Thanks!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well, from everything I've seen and read what cellulite is is like clumps of fat under the skin so that as you gain, those clumps get bigger stretching the skin so that you see 'dimples'. As you lose, those dimples get smaller, but they remain. And if you have no muscle to pull the skin flat, it's worse. So my suggestion would be to hit the weights. Seriously. Go to the groups on here and just LOOK at these women who lift heavy. You don't see cellulite even on the ones who use to be BIG. They look AMAZING. They aren't bulky or manly at all. They toned, TIGHT, and just look fantastic and healthy.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I had a ton of it on the back of my thighs.
    It looked like 3 lbs of cottage cheese stuffed in a 1 lb sack. (sexxxaay!)
    a lot went away with the iniital weight loss from tons of cardio
    Then it went almost completely away when I got serious about lifting
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I had a ton of it on the back of my thighs.
    It looked like 3 lbs of cottage cheese stuffed in a 1 lb sack. (sexxxaay!)
    a lot went away with the iniital weight loss from tons of cardio
    Then it went almost completely away when I got serious about lifting

Is there a specific routine that you use to lift weights? I am guessing alot of lunges with weights. I am new to weight lifting/strength training so have lots to learn. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    More women on Earth develop cellulite, than develop breasts.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    For myself i would think it would become less and less the smaller you get. I also hear that muscle training helps! I don't know from personal experience yet but i'll find out some day as i have a bit myself! Although, once i reach my goal weight i doubt i'll care about a little cellulite showing after i've accomplished so much haha
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    More women on Earth develop cellulite, than develop breasts.

life aint fair