garcinia cambogia extract

Options
I kinda new to this forum but I hope I am in forum to discuss my topic. I actually have been using this product <a href="http://www.nutrigoodlabs.com/garcinia-cambogia-s/1814.htm"&gt; garcinia cambogia extract </a> for two months which promises a lot but it has not worked on me yet. I do not know if it works in long term use only but for now its no. So can you guys tell me more about this product or help me know how complain about such products in market please!

Replies

• jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That crap doesnt work for ****. Eat less food. Simple as that. Exercise helps. Seriously there is no magic pill. There is no magic food. Just eat less.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    they work by burning a hole in your wallet, leaving you with less money for food.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it with Apple Cider Tablets... and what I have noticed is a diminishing appetite. When I do eat, I can't finish what I started eating. ::shrugs:: for me personally, it has worked. I wanted something that would curb my appetite, and that is what it is doing for me. So far from being on the pills (that and the apple cider tablets) I have lost an 8 lbs in 3 weeks. I haven't changed anything. I just can't seem to find the hunger I had before, which like I said was something I was aiming for in the first place. SO... for me personally, the pill is working. I bought it at GNC and it wasn't that expensive, AND it is the 50% one.

I guess if it doesn't work for you, then maybe try taking the apple cider tablets with it. Maybe that is the key.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it with Apple Cider Tablets... and what I have noticed is a diminishing appetite. When I do eat, I can't finish what I started eating. ::shrugs:: for me personally, it has worked. I wanted something that would curb my appetite, and that is what it is doing for me. So far from being on the pills (that and the apple cider tablets) I have lost an 8 lbs in 3 weeks. I haven't changed anything. I just can't seem to find the hunger I had before, which like I said was something I was aiming for in the first place. SO... for me personally, the pill is working. I bought it at GNC and it wasn't that expensive, AND it is the 50% one.

I guess if it doesn't work for you, then maybe try taking the apple cider tablets with it. Maybe that is the key.

The key is a calorie deficit.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

The key is a calorie deficit.

Exactly. A calorie deficit I didn't have until I started taking the pills. Again... it worked for me personally...and since I wrote this I've lost another 4 lbs. It is helping me control my hunger. For me personally (because all pills are going to affect everyone differently) that is the key I needed to help me. CONTROLLING my hunger. :) I'm so so so glad I've found them. Nothing else works when it comes to appetite control for me. I've tried everything. I'm not trying to starve myself, just trying to control the appetite when it becomes too strong for me to handle. And.... I've noticed that I'm thirsty on this pill, so I've been drinking at least a gallon of water a day... to me that is a win win. I'm not asking everyone to go purchase it...by no means! I'm just stating that for me *personally* I've had success with it.

I of course always wish everyone the best on their journey...and what works for you is what matters. And btw I'm on blood pressure meds and it hasn't affected my blood pressure at all.
  • SonnyN9
    Options
    Some people have said that garcinia cambogia has worked for them. However, there is no "magic pill". Weight loss supplements can help boost your weight loss with the proper diet and exercise combined. If you're eating unhealthy foods and taking supplements, it's a no brainer that nothing going to happen.

Here's my advice:
    1. Choose a healthy diet that you can follow through for all 3 meals. I prefer the paleo diet.
    2. Exercise regularly. if you don't have an exercise program, I'll start with P90X or Insanity. These are tough programs but they will get your results (and a lot of fun).
    3. Drink a lot of water. Simply, water increases your energy and promotes weight loss. There are so many benefits in water that is overlooked.
    4. (most important). Change your mindset. Define why you want to lose weight. Make it a priority to get your exercise in and your meals prepared. Pop in a workout dvd program instead of surfing cable.

Hope this helps.
  • NikRigs
    Options
    I totally agree with Sonny9

I've always been a health nut and very active but I could never loose that last layer of chub.

When I started to eat according to the Paleo diet, took pure Garcinia Cambogia and changed my workout routine to do HIIT training with lots of Plyometrics and Bodyweight finishers - that's when I noticed super fast and dramatic results for the first time.

I don't know how many lbs I've lost since I don't weigh myself (muscle weighs more anyway) but I've gone from my usual size 11 down to a size 8 and even starting to fit into size 6! (I've never fit size 6!). I've tried a ton of silly things but these are the first that have worked and I'm a firm believer in all of them.

Best of luck to you!
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    All of the legitimate, peer reviewed studies (i.e. ACTUAL science, rather than the pseudo science rubbish one sees a lot) indicate that this stuff has no actual impact on anything other than the placebo effect - if you believe it is going to work, then it may. Particularly on appetite which is subject to subconscious influence.
    personally, I wouldn't pay $ for it because doing so supports an industry which is inherently deceptive in that way it markets to (often vulnerable) people..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options

So are you going to take pills the rest of your life to control your appetite? It's like taking pain medication because the initial problem from the pain isn't addressed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Sonny9

I've always been a health nut and very active but I could never loose that last layer of chub.

When I started to eat according to the Paleo diet, took pure Garcinia Cambogia and changed my workout routine to do HIIT training with lots of Plyometrics and Bodyweight finishers - that's when I noticed super fast and dramatic results for the first time.

I don't know how many lbs I've lost since I don't weigh myself (muscle weighs more anyway) but I've gone from my usual size 11 down to a size 8 and even starting to fit into size 6! (I've never fit size 6!). I've tried a ton of silly things but these are the first that have worked and I'm a firm believer in all of them.

Best of luck to you!

You changed your eating and your exercise, yet you say the Garcinia Cambogia worked?
  • debramcrae18
    debramcrae18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried garcinia cambogia extract, I also saw no results. Maybe the one I was taking didn't have a very high concentration, I don't know. I learnt at school that pills, shakes, etc are no good but I thought I would try (a bit of wishful thinking) lol. Anyway I have been going to my local health food shop I have picked up some herbal teas (nettle, gotu kola), also they told me that should be taking some herbs to improve liver function. I also got some psyllium they say you can take that with a glass of water and it will help cleanse your system and help with weight loss. Haven't opened the packet yet, will start using before breakfast tomorrow.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The only part of your *kitten* that these products make lighter is your wallet. Eat less, move more.
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    I have tried garcinia cambogia extract, I also saw no results. Maybe the one I was taking didn't have a very high concentration, I don't know. I learnt at school that pills, shakes, etc are no good but I thought I would try (a bit of wishful thinking) lol. Anyway I have been going to my local health food shop I have picked up some herbal teas (nettle, gotu kola), also they told me that should be taking some herbs to improve liver function. I also got some psyllium they say you can take that with a glass of water and it will help cleanse your system and help with weight loss. Haven't opened the packet yet, will start using before breakfast tomorrow.

Wise woman. I am in a state of disbelief over the Garcinia product. Have you tried milk thistle pills? I recommend them and the product is not some obscure plant from the other side of the world. They worked for me but taste like what they are lol. I really want to try some of the herbal teas you mention. :)

"In conclusion, this study showed that large doses of G. cambogia extract do get absorbed in the intestine and can lead to a substantial increase in plasma HCA concentrations. However, this does not affect fat and carbohydrate oxidation rates at rest or during moderate-intensity exercise in endurance-trained humans. Accordingly, a direct effect of HCA on fat oxidation seems unlikely to contribute to its claimed antiobesity or ergogenic potential." - http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/6/1445.full
  • sethhurd
    sethhurd Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried the following Garcinia: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JV0CJQS and it worked well for me. I was doing cardio every morning and dropped 7 pounds in my first week. It works best when you use it to optimize your workout results. You also have to take it about 60 minutes before meals. You can't take it sporadically throughout the day and not work out. You will see minimal results if any.
  • nicecupcake
    Options
    Combined with ACV tablets they make your hunger disappear. I'm using them to retrain my snacking after meals habit, figured out if I take them for a month I wont have cravings and the habit of reaching for snacks will be erased. Takes 21 days to change a habit, so I'm grand with the 30 days bottle. 15 days in, haven't snacked at all, so I say it works if you know how to use it for long term purposes instead of fast weight loss.
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work. It's just another weight loss gimmick//fad.