Options
That doesn't sound too exciting except its been a long time coming. After retiring from the military and my daughter finishing sports which I helped coach, my weight kept going up. I justified it about every way I could. Stress, work, wife's cooking, health, etc, etc. each night I would sit down with a big bowl of ice cream and say tomorrow. I was bouncing (no pun intended) between 235 and 245. My sleep was bad, my arms would go to sleep when I laid on them and I couldn't get comfortable standing or sitting. I was looking for 40 inch waist pants and xxl shirts when I realized this was not working. I rode my bike but six miles was a chore. A coworker and I were out and he told me about my fitness pal. I download it...and I found the accountability tool that I needed. I'm a numbers guy so when I saw those number exceed the target I modified what I was doing to be under those targets...and I lost weight. At first I didn't trust it, or myself but as I continued I got more motivated and the results started to snowball. My rides got longer, I started to run, and started doing regular calisthenics. I started with 20 sit-ups and 10(bad) push-ups. Now I run 5k or ride 10 miles and do 100 ab reps of an work, 50 push ups and various cores exercises. On weekends I do two 20 mile rides with my exercise at the soccer field at mile 15. My daughter has joined me and lost 25 pounds as well. My blood pressure medicine is at minimums and I feel great. I've re-engaged in my career and my mind is clearer and my spirit is brighter. My 34 inch waist pants fit loose and I threw away all my old size 38's.
199 - doesn't sound like much to most people but to me it's a life changing number...now on to 190!

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations upon your arrival in ONE-derland!
    When I get there, too, it will be a neighborhood
    I haven't visited in 35 years.
    Best wishes for the rest of your journey!
  • RNTrice
    Options
    Great job! I'm at 245 now and really looking forward to 199 as well. Keep moving forward and thanks for being an inspiration.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What s transformation of mind and body!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a big deal :drinker:

Celebrate the success!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mentally this is a huge accomplishment and great motivation for the rest of us trying to get there, Somehow it seems that if you can make it into one-derland then anything else is possible. CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That's great, congratulations! :)
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome to One-derland!
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 2 pounds to 199 and have been stuck at 201 for weeks now.. it's so depressing but I know it will come.. Congratulations! I sure hope it feels as good as it sounds :)
  • navyavcm
    Options
    Wow. You've come a long way already. Good luck!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Gotta love success like that! Don't you feel like you've got total control now? Nice work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!