Fear of Going Over

Options
mhosner
mhosner Posts: 264 Member
So I had a sneaky little calorie surprise today, Salad Toppins. 35 calories not too bad except that is for 1 1/3 tbsp. Now I didn't look at that before I ate and let’s just say I went over board on them. Well now I have 586 calories to get me through the day. I think I will end up going over that. I have my in-laws coming over tonight so not working out, and big dinner. Yiks! Day 2 for me and already messing up.

Replies

• mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So I had a sneaky little calorie surprise today, Salad Toppins. 35 calories not too bad except that is for 1 1/3 tbsp. Now I didn't look at that before I ate and let’s just say I went over board on them. Well now I have 586 calories to get me through the day. I think I will end up going over that. I have my in-laws coming over tonight so not working out, and big dinner. Yiks! Day 2 for me and already messing up.
  • Vanessa82
    Vanessa82 Posts: 56
    Options
    Don't get too descouraged, it takes a some time to get used counting your calories. Just don't give up!:flowerforyou:
    78620.png
  • michlindsay23
    Options
    If you can go for a walk. You won't burn as much as you would at the gym, but you'll burn some. That's what I do when I feel like I've eaten too much. Also, if you go over, just do better tomorrow. I've been doing this for three months and still go over my calories at least twice a week.
  • bbright53
    bbright53 Posts: 81
    Options
    Don't give up. You just learned a lesson that is all. Those darn pesky serving sizes get all of us once in awhile. Just try to take it easy this evening and if you do go over just a little don't beat yourself up over it. There is always tomorrow.

If you are the one cooking tonight try to make a salad or something you can eat without feeling too guilty.

Try putting everything on the food log before eating it. It forces you to look at the serving size before you eat it.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It's not "messing up"! you're making big changes to your lifestyle and every single small positive change you make counts!!!
  • Flocker
    Flocker Posts: 35
    Options
    Don't worry! My horoscope today said, "Do you think that major transformations happen overnight? Think again. Be patient." Which was a great boost for me, since I gained one pound back of the 9 I had lost. So be patient WITH me! :)

73969.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter