Workouts to grow a bigger butt or make it firm

Options
Hello everyone. this is my frst time posting on the boards so i am not sure if this question has been answered before.

I am 5'3 , 23 , weight 140. my goal is to drop to 130 and to tone up a little. my biggest issue is that i am trying to find work outs / tips to make my backside bigger if not more firm. Do the good 'ol squats and lunges really do the job? as far as working out goes, i don't do much besides jog at the park. i've always seemed to do better with keeping a good nutrition rather than working out. I also want to tone up my thighs some. i didn't think having an desk job could eventually add to me losing my thigh toning that i had.

Also,
is there any type of work out that could lower my risk of losing breast size? seems like every time i go down on the scale numbers, my cup size drops .. if i could only have the curvy healthy video model type of body.. a girl can dream right?

lol

thank you for any answers and tips yall can give me!

Replies

• bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!
  • soulsnette
    soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    And lunges
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    those bodies in ads r photoshopped,,,,squats r great. I also use a rowing machine and it has done miracles to my 53 year old butt after losing over 100 lbs (plus my arms, abs, etc)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Squats, walking lunges.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    /thread

But really, squats and lunges are your best butt workout. There are variations of each, and when it becomes easy, just add more weight. It works!

Oh, and your breast size isn't something that can be helped if you are trying to lose weight. You will lose fat where your body wants to lose fat. To keep them from getting saggy though, I would recommend doing benchpresses, flies, and pushups.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm already Bertha Butt. I had heard long long ago that stair stepping exercises would tone but you could possibly gain a few inches. I didnt believe it. it happened and I was pissed, although I was eating less food and exercising, and I did lose weight. but I rode that stepper most of all. That was about 30 years ago. This summer I started using the ellip machine and I'll be dam if it didnt happen again, so I am totally grossed out at myself.
  • aglopez1102
    aglopez1102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thank you guys for your answers

i decided to start the 30 day squat challenge yesterday & boy did it kick my butt. lol i didn't think 50 squats could leave me hurting !
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Breasts are moslty fat. If you loose fat, you loose some breast too, depending on how your genetics work.

Nothing magical about the kind of exercises you do, they only work muscles.

You want to be doing *heavy* squats (5 rep range, and 12 rep range), glute/ham raises, deadlifts, and I hear a lot of women talking about weighted hip thrusts & glute bridges.

If I can be honest with you though, and maybe give you some useful advice, you should be using a focused program rather than potentially just "fitnessing" all over the place and wasting your time. Even if you do things right, you're not a bodybuilder, and you're not going to have any measurable improvements for a while.

You should really take the time to do the following: New Rules of Lifting for Women (a book, and you will freaking love me for recommending it) and Stronglifts 5x5 (free online barbell routine, great for beginners).
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Growing larger muscles requires a calorie surplus and gaining weight, in addition to strength training.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Some good advice here already, but I'll add the book Strong Curves for you to look at. You will make far better progress with weighted lifts - you should eventually be squatting with more than 100 pounds on your back.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, and take the stairs whenever you can (and be mindful that you're pushing yourself up the stairs with your buttocks rather than pulling up with your hip flexors)