Quick weight gain problem

Options
Okay so just for a quick background.. I do p90x 3-4x a week and jog 2 miles 2-3x a week. I haven't been tracking specific caloric intake lately but I eat mostly vegetables and lean meat with the occasional egg nog or popcorn or treat thrown in. By occasional I mean MAYBE 1 of those a day.

I was down to 150lbs and then two weeks later I am up to 162. I keep thinking it is water weight? Can I gain 12lbs of water? I do a lot of lifting but I was reading that there is no way I gained that much muscle in two weeks either. I'm on birth control so I shouldn't be pregnant. I'm at a loss. I am frustrated and irritable from it. I was only 10lbs from my goal weight and now im suddenly back to 20 lbs.

I plan to step up my cardio again and maybe throw in Insanity daily again (as much as i loath it...). I just really wanted to be 140 by Jan 1, 2014. It would mean I lost 50lbs in 2013. I've definitely lost inches but since gaining that 12lbs I do feel my jeans tighter.

Suggestions or ideas of why?? I'm just super down right now from this.

Replies

• LeighRaeW
    LeighRaeW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Go back to logging everything. Weigh everything, keep track of sodium levels, check the batteries in your scales (presuming they're digital), make sure you're weighing at the same time each week, weigh nude, check your weight on your doctor's/gym's scales, also have you changed/started/stopped any medications recently?
    This should at least this will give you a good starting point to work out what's happening.

You've come so far. You can do it!
  • Cole721
    Options
    No med changes. I'll have to check the scale. What a relief it would be if that were it!! I actually put it up out of site so I don't think about it too often.

I have been trying to drink extra water to lose see if that is indeed the issue..and black coffee since it's a diuretic. haha

Thanks for the encouragement!