I went ove my sugar limits! Anything to offset?

Options
Sorry, I meant, I went OVER my sugar limits.
I am following the 17 Day diet which is very low on sugar. Anyway i could not find the unsweetend Kefir that it calls for, the only thing at the store was Raspberry, so i got it. Now that i have made my Smoothie with unsweetend frozen berries and the Kefir, i saw that i passed my sugar limit, even here on my calorie conting Fitness pal. Can i do anything to off set the sugar i had?
I think i recall my old health and fitness instructor saying that when you excerise at fast pace, (unning instead of brisk walk, vigourous dance) your body starts burning down sugars instead of fats?
Anyone have any advice for me, wheter it be nutritional or excersice? Thanks!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it...MFP is notorius for having low sugar levels.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm over my sugar limit by at least 30g every day and have had 0 stall in weight loss. Eating at a deficit causes weight loss not your nutrients. I don't do a specific diet, so no help on that. I just try to hit my macros, everything else I ignore. I've never heard of offsetting things through exercise. Seems silly. You ate it, your body will process it. No way to cancel that?
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Don't do the 17 day diet.
    You body always uses carbs first for exercise, and burns fat when it isn't taking in enough calories overall.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No need to do "diets" to lose weight. Eat at a calorie deficit and it will work just fine without worrying about sugars. The sugar setting on here is pointless because it lumps all sugars together.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

just move on...if you eat fruit at all you're going to go over on sugar. why are you micromanaging you micros...just macro-manage your macros...i.e. hit your protein, fat, and carb goals and stop worrying about strictly sugar unless you have some compelling medical reason to do so.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mostly its (the 17 day diet) teaching me how to eat well and healthy. I tried calorie counting on my own and wasnt successful. Now that i have a guide to what to eat I notice i am staying within the 1,200 range. Eating well, feeling full and feeling good over all.
    Before by 2 pm i was craving like crazy a fat juicy greasy delicous burger with extra chesse, bacon and grilled onions.. lol. .. Now im like that sounds good, but i have a delcious recipe for tilapia planned out for today.. etc. : )
    Anyway i guess the sugar was no biggie, Thanks!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. What is a 17 day diet anyway?
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did the 17 day diet about 1 1/2 years ago, I liked it, but like others have said I didn't focus on the sugar. I has helped me learn to make healthier choices now with my food and food prep. Good luck, and don't sweat the small things like sugar!
  • Rob_Zamites
    Rob_Zamites Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You'll be better off eating the greasy cheese covered burger. Drop the bun and enjoy. #keto