Motivation has completely gone!

Options
It's one thing after another, lately. 1st our electric meter broke and we had to spend nearly £30 getting it fixed, then another £30 disappeared out of our bank account and we've got no idea who's took it, now our boiler's leaking water. It's wrecked all our childrens clothes, and their bedroom carpet, which we can't afford to replace with christmas coming up!
My motivation has completely shattered because of all the bad luck we seem to be having lately. I constantly go over my calories, and once i do, what's another couple of hundred?
My motivation has never been this low and i feel so bad.
I think my worst downfall is picking. I constantly pick at the fridge and the cupboard.
I need to keep my motivation up, but it's just so hard lately!

Replies

• Shabow
    Shabow Posts: 2
    Options
    The key to stress going away is taking all the NEGATIVE ENERGY and turning it into positive. You still your friends, family, and a house. Look to your wonderful children for support! Go RUN, walk, or play oustide with them, and LOSE CALORIES at the same time!

Write a note on the fridge saying 'YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE'.

You really are, and you will reach your goals soon. Stay positive :)!
  • nutech
    nutech Posts: 11
    Options
    The best thing I can tell you to do is when you feel stressed go for a walk. Or at the very least get out of the house. Take your kids to the park. Keep yourself busy and away from food if eating is all your doing.
  • mom23kids
    Options
    When you're feeling down and out.....it's time to get out! Get out and go for a walk. Get out and take your kids to the park. Get out and visit friends and family. Get out and enjoy life! I know that with everything going on you get depressed. By exercising you release endorphins(those feel good chemicals) and that improves your mood and attitude. Try tackling one thing at a time! Remember this is just a bump in the road. You will get over it! Without the bumps in the road you'd never enjoy the smooth highway!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Everything always happens at once :( Will your house insurance not cover a new carpet?
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    stress eating is my problem too but I believe as long as you burn those calories you ate you'll be fine. dont stress yourself MORE feeling bad about eating but that doesnt mean you are free to eat whatever, instead of eating a whole lot, just eat a smaller portion and then go burn it off later. we all run into annoying things in our lives, its normal. but think about this, when you have all that stress and when you eat while you are stressed about those bad events happening around you, why would you want to add one more thing to stress about - that one more thing is your extra calories you are eating and you'll have to worry about them when you are trying to lose weight....!
    so like others said, if you eat go burn those calories OR instead of eating, just get out and do something, do some cleaning, work in the garden, go for a walk, go for a run, go for window shopping! :D
  • gettinfitby30
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Focus on all the positive things in your life and sweat out the negative energy thats getting you to make bad choices, It only takes one bad choice to get the domino effect. You have to quit feeling sorry for yourself, that only brings negative thoughts. Put good in, get good out, which means, good thoughts and good low calorie food = a better positive healthier you. Isn't that what we all want? I will answer that, YES. :flowerforyou:
  • callielizabethrocks
    Options
    One thing that is helpful to me is to remember to control the things that I can control. I can control the things I put in my body, and I focus on making everything a dliberated choice. I can choose wisely or poorly but at least I am in control. This has really helped me to curb my extra snacking as I know that there is a conseqence or benefit to every meal.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    What kind of doll do you want to be? BE an action figure- no cabbage patching it for you my dear! How you ACT RIGHT NOW is the difference between two stories being told by your children in the future-

"Oh what really blew it for my mom was when the house flooded and the neighbors dog died and then our boiler busted, and she just couldn't take it... gained her weight back and more, then it was downhill from there..."

" Hey remember when mom wouldn't let us play in the house because it was pretty much in shambles and she kept on making us go outside **haha** I swear we were out in the park for a month straight! She'd just hose us down in the front yard and we'd start all over again! I don't know if she was afraid of mold or what but dear god we might as well have pitched tents! aww Good old mom..."

You are setting the example for what to DO (not what to let happen to you) when the going gets tough. By the way quit picking at food! I always find the times I pick at food is when I'm picking at myself on the inside. either eat with gumption and confidence, or get out of the kitchen!

It will work out- but you have to first!:flowerforyou: