after you guys lost weight how did you deal with the skin

Options
its some thing that sacres me of loseing weight i dont want to look like a sugar glider lol thanks

Replies

• kmills110
    Options
    Since you are very young, I would first like to say Congrats on your 1st steps to a new life. I wish I had started earlier! Now, since you are young, your skin will elasticize faster. I recommend eating raw veggies and lean protein as this helps the skin tighten. I have lost over 100 lbs and the skin has all but adhered to my new figure. Hope his helps

43446610.png
  • ashleywingo7
    ashleywingo7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I already have the loose skin that comes with weightloss thanks to 2 pregnancies. The only thing I can personally suggest is drinking lots of water. After my 1st pregnancy I didn't drink water hardly at all and my loose skin never really shrunk. With my most recent battle with loose skin I've been drinking more water and the skin is shrinking an incredible amount compared to last time. I would imagine that drinking more water during the weightloss process would help the skin quite a bit. I'm sorry I'm not more help but good luck on your fitness journey!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Slower weight loss helps a lot because your skin has the time to retract at a natural pace. When you lose a lot too fast you risk having lots of loose skin depending on how much you lose. That's why you should aim to lose no more than 2 pounds per week and if you have less to lose adjust this goal.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    This is a problem that I'd worry about in 79 lbs - not now.

I've lost almost 120 lbs and my skin is not hideous. A bit loose, sure. But overall I look so much better than I did 120 lbs ago - I could not care less about it.

Lose the weight. Reevaluate when you get to your goal. Keeping your skin stretched out longer is not helping it any.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    surgery is on my radar as I am not a young chicken - so eventually I will have to have it taken off. But that is a problem I cannot wait to have!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I started lifting weights while I was still 200 plus pounds, so while I have a very small amount of arm flab and a very small amount of lower back flab and lower abdominal flab, I notice that it is going down more and more as I continue to exercise.
  • HershFam5
    HershFam5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Tighten up the skin as you lose. Walking is HUGE, and helps tighten and firm as you go, though I did the stationary bike. I actually started exercising before I started counting calories and losing weight to get into the habit. I lost inches, without excess skin, and my boss commented on how much thinner I look today, so it's working. :D
  • EvyMetal
    Options
    I have lost 78 lbs and the only problem areas I have are my neck and my upper arms. Because I am almost 60 I guess that is to be expected. My daughter is a fitness instructor and she wants me to get in the gym and do strength training - she said that will help. Also drinking lots of water. In the end, I would much rather have some loose skin that I can cover than be overweight and unhealthy.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy weights helps mine. It isn't great in my tummy or breasts (but I did recently have 2 babies), but overall, it isn't hideous and I look fabulous in comparison.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long you have been overweight too. I've had this weight on me for 20 years and now that I'm near my goal I have a lot of loose skin. I don't like it when I'm naked but I'd rather have the skin than the fat. My husband loves me even more so he's not turned off. I look great in clothes though, lol.

I lost an average of 2 pounds per week and I'm an apple shape so all my excess is in my tum.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Luckily you are young - that certainly helps. I agree with the others that said drink lots of water, lose weight slowly and strength train.
  • dazzlemebaby888
    Options
    I have had really bad loose skin on my tummy since losing weight, I drink lots of water everyday and I use ItWorks body wraps to help tighten and firm my skin! They work miracles! I started selling them and they are a HUGE hit!
  • gmeiners2
    gmeiners2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's very helpful to lift weights to tone things up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!