Anyone doing P90x Right now?

Options
If so, are any of you using the recovery drink?

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    No recovery drink here. Though I take a lot of other supplements. Protein, Creatine, Nitrous Oxide, some others. I get a heck of a pump.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite. I just started the workout Monday. I am doing the lean version. I cannot afford the recovery drink, so I am using 8 oz of chocolate milk, measured and mixed myself.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love the recovery drink! It tastes to dang good I really look forward to it. I know there are other products out there but none of the good ones are really cheap. Also, I have pushed myself so hard with P90X workouts, that in the past if I had done that, say with a leg workout, I'd be walking really funny for days, and that has yet to happen. I'm not willing to experiment to test that theory but it does seem to work.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite. I just started the workout Monday. I am doing the lean version. I cannot afford the recovery drink, so I am using 8 oz of chocolate milk, measured and mixed myself.

That's not a bad way to go, provided it's lowfat. It has the recommended 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein that you want in a recovery drink. And it tastes so good. :drinker:
  • JeanBeanM
    JeanBeanM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started last week, just got some samples from my coach. It's a bit pricey so I'm going to see if I can get something locally that's close in nutrients but not in price :laugh:
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1% milk per my RD's instructions. It does really taste good and my brain feels like there is chocolate in my life, preventing a trip through the candy aisle!