Suggestions - Diet Books and Cookbooks

Options
Any suggestions out there for #1 good motivating books on eating right and losing weight?

#2 - cookbooks with quick healthy meals for those of us that don't like to cook? Would love one that has recipes for two people instead of always having 4 servings or more and therefore leaving extra food for me to eat!

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions out there for #1 good motivating books on eating right and losing weight?

#2 - cookbooks with quick healthy meals for those of us that don't like to cook? Would love one that has recipes for two people instead of always having 4 servings or more and therefore leaving extra food for me to eat!

It might be worth cooking four servings of whatever and taking leftovers for lunch.
  • ABaldino
    Options
    I like the Cooking Light website and magazine. They both offer quick meal ideas and usually for 4 servings. I also like to build my own recipes by adding lots of veg to whatever i'm cooking. All of the veg takes up more room in the pot and only leaves room for small additions of meats, etc. Just an idea......
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My favorite cookbook is The Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. All the recipes of your favorite comfort foods redone so that they are healthy and low cal. I LOVE the lasagna in this cookbook and it's only 292 calories per serving.

I'm not a fan of cooking either but these recipes are easy to follow and my family loves them.
  • pajouey79
    pajouey79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have any cookbooks in mind, but if you look on the health and fitness boards on Pinterest, they link to a lot of good recipies!
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

As for the four servings we always freeze leftovers in single serving dishes and then they are quick and easy to grab for lunches or to have on nights when I don't want to cook.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It's not a cookbook, but Skinnytaste.com has really good recipes. We generally double or triple them and then freeze in two serving sizes. Makes life much easier when you don't have to worry about what you're having for dinner every night. Just pull something out of the freezer and pop it into the oven.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl! There is a website and quite a few cookbooks. There are recipes for everything like faux fries, shakes, desserts, crock pot, foil packs, etc, etc. Easy to follow and the majority of recipes are for single servings easily doubled. My hubby, who is not a healthy eater in his own right, likes just about everything I've made from this source, especially the faux fried onion rings.
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    I don't eat leftovers - gross to me. I know - its weird.

That is why I would prefer the two servings - so I don't waste food OR eat everything that is left.