New and being ignored :(

Options
I don't know why others are getting responses and I am not, so I will try again. This is my second day here and I am ready to lose atleast 70 pounds. I have already lost 10 pounds and 3 inches. I have moved to another State and have no friends here. I am concentrating on losing this weight and then finding a job. I know i will meet people, I just have to get out more. I joined a fitness gym and have been going 5 times a week faithfully for 2 months.
My husband and my 3 children ages ranging from 20-25 years are my greatest support. But I want to meet others on this journey who can encourage me as well as give me any tips.
I am literally starting my life over (if you only knew my testimony). Ever heard of Breaking Amish? Well, I wasn't Amish but close.
Sorry if I sound whiny, didn't mean to. :)

Replies

• Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have around that much to lose too. Add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • alittletoofar
    alittletoofar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Request sent :smile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    welcome. i know you will do just great here. log everything that goes in your mouth. and keep it up at the gym and youll be good!!
  • Laen1200
    Options
    i am on a journey to lose weight starting my life over and going through a divorce it you need to be encourged and want to share tips please add me as a freind in hopes we can encourge eachother.
  • npavao145
    npavao145 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! sounds like you have a long tough road ahead of you. I am working on dropping 100lb myself and it is not easy. feel free to drop me a line if want to chat and need tips. I have been studing nutrition and exercise on and off for a few years now. Best wishes!!!
  • monedgar
    monedgar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Sandy. You sound a lot like me. I have four kids 19-23. Since they are all out of the house, it's similar to starting a new life. I am wanting to lose 40 lbs. I recently had back surgery, so my exercise is not at the same level. I am only released to do palates and I start that today.:smile: I also need all the support I can get.
  • wkhauser
    wkhauser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hello,
    i joined not to long ago and am still finding my way around this site. nice to meet ya...
  • Lillivix
    Options
    Hi There,

I'm working on losing about 95 lbs total so I still have about 75 left to lose. You can add me if you like :)
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like a UK friend :)
  • jlzangaro
    jlzangaro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 80lbs and looking to lose 35 more lbs. Add me:)
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sending request!
  • CoRockChick77
    CoRockChick77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm all about forming a supportive circle of friends.
  • angel_in_paris
    Options
    I've been logging for a couple weeks now but haven't filled out my profile or started posting until now. Your post inspired me to start! First let me say you don't look old enough to have kids in their 20s! ; ) Second, congrats on sticking with the gym - I haven't yet managed to do that myself. I'm trying to lose around 50 pounds myself. Hope we keep in touch.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can also send requests yourself to people you find interesting on the forums. Sometimes its easier to find like minded people that way rather than hoping they will notice and send you a request.
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request now! I have lost 52 pounds and I have about 65 left to lose! Anyone feel free to add me for support :D
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Do a forum search for your state. There are plenty of "Anyone from _________?" threads. Also, posting in the forums helps you meet people. Good luck, OP!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me as well...working on losing about 80 lbs myself...have lost some already but the journey is continuing. I welcome any new friend additions...motivation and support is key!! I am 49, have 2 kids (24 & 19), married 29 years and have 2 beagles and 2 cats. I work full time outside the home plus we own a service business so help with nights and weekend calls as well as all the bookwork. I am currently doing a 12 week weight with little cardio program and watching my diet. I am in week 3 and have really just started logging food again. Took a bit of a break but am ready to hit it hard now!

Angie
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have plenty of people ready to support you here :)

Good luck!
  • HarleyFatboyFan
    HarleyFatboyFan Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new here and could use a support buddy as well. I'll be available for you so add me if you like. :happy:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP about a month ago and feel the same way sometimes, ignored. :sad: Add me and we'll support each other. I'm about 40% to my goal...I haven't done the math, actually but I know I've come along way tho' not quite half way there. I still have about 90 pounds to goal. Sometimes the community just needs to get to know you a bit and needs to know that you are going to stick it out. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

PS....okay, I couldn't post this without doing the math, so here it is: I am 37.8% of the way to goal. (40%, in my head was pretty darned close! :wink: )