Lets be honest, have you tried a successful diet pill?

Options
I just wanted to know has anybody tried anything over the counter for weight loss that actually WORK!!?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Never have, never will. What I'm doing is working for me, so I'm sticking with it.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Same as above. Never have and never will. I'm focused on a healthy lifestyle. That's the only thing that will work.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    They made me feel like I was being given a slight electrical pulse, like I was set on vibrate mode all the time. My heart would speed up, thump, and skip beats from time to time too. I lost my appetite, but I felt so horrible it wasn't worth it. I honestly don't recall if I did lose any weight, but the side effects weren't worth it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I assume you work hard for your money...best to just hold onto your hard earned bucks...there is no magic weight loss pill; it's all snake oil.

snake-oil.jpg
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Start from the default that all "weight loss" products are crap.

That said, I've only seem two OTC that actually have any science to back them up:

* EC(A) stacks. Contraindicated if you have blood pressure or heart conditions.
    * Yohimbine HCl, in conjunction with fasted low intensity steady state cardio.

Never tried either.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost twenty pound with it, but I also almost lost my husband because of the horrible mood swings and episodes of rage. I gained the twenty pounds plus some back when I stopped them. In addition, I had to deal with the emotional aftermath, the anxiety, and work on fixing my relationships. So not worth it.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    In the 80's my high school friends and I all took Dexatrim so we could be dangerously thin. Back then it contained caffiene, PPA and ephedra - all have amphetamine-type effects. PPA is now only available by prescription and ephedra has been banned by the FDA. So, yeah - we were risking stroke and heart damage, but we sure weren't hungry! So stupid.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Define "successful."

I took Meridia (Sibutramine) and lost 30 lbs, but they banned it. However, when my doc took me off of it, 10 lbs. crept back on over the next few months. I think that there's no quick fix that will produce lasting results. Imo, if you fix your perspective/mind, set your determination/focus, then the rest falls into place.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    advil.jpg

Allows me to shake off the pain if I overdo my exercises, thus allowing me to get back at it.

That's the only pill I've taken to help me lose weight...

well... sometime this..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpzJ_76nhwdPX1ePzHTPZoR-_09EQ-P5DcDauPgQNholnnZBj2fw
  • sjayleen
    sjayleen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes, PHENTERMINE 37.5 THEY WERE PRESCRIBED BY A DOTOR. AFTER I GAVE BIRTH TO MY DAUGHTER I LOST 30 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS, I KEPT IT OFF FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME BUT FELL BACK INTO MY OLD EATING HABITS =(
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I took ephedrine in college. It was successful for keeping me awake in class.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1 a day mens chewables have worked for me. I take 2 in the morning, eat healthy, and work out. The pounds have been coming off steadily. I attributed it to the ones that look like a bunch of grapes not the ones that look like raspberries.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    that's how I got here. No diet. No exercise. Just diet pills.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    I tried phentermine, but it made me so sick and shaky and gave me heart pains. NOT WORTH IT
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I doubt they'd be on this site if it were successful. Taking diet pills doesnt teach you how to change your relationship with food; therefore, when you stop taking them, you gain the weight back once you go back to your old eating habits (I can attest to that).
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Try to get an ADHD diagnosis. Thank me later.

(totally kidding)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    No OTC diet pills have worked for me but Phentermine is awesome. helped me shed 85 lbs and I kept it off for 2 years but then went through a divorce and got laid off from my job, went to nursing school and gained it back. Now I'm about to get back on it and get this weight back off.