Lets be honest, have you tried a successful diet pill?

Options
2»

Replies

• joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing.
    Especially about Herbalife.

But I always hear that when you stop you gain the weight back and then some. So I stick to the old fashion way, good ol exercise and eating healthy.

Best of luck!
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes. The Sudafed you have to sign for at the pharmacy. It cut my appetite in half. Unfortunately, it also gave me heart palpitations and higher blood pressure. But for the eight months I used it, I dropped weight.

If your question is, "Have I tried a HEALTHY, successful diet pill?" then the answer is no.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    oever the counter made me sick to my stomach. Meridia worked, but of course they took it off the market & my weight went back up.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    1 a day mens chewables have worked for me. I take 2 in the morning, eat healthy, and work out. The pounds have been coming off steadily. I attributed it to the ones that look like a bunch of grapes not the ones that look like raspberries.

Why not the raspberry ones? Don't they have ketones?? :embarassed:
  • Amylith
    Amylith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used a few. One was a carb blocker, worked ok, when I ran out I gained the weight back, and when I bought more it was like my body had built a tolerance and it didn't work anymore. I tried one of the "energy/suppressant" types, made me shaky like other readers said. And I only lost like 8 pounds. I tried Lipozene for awhile and that worked well, it works by making you feel full when you're actually eating, so you eat less. As soon as I stopped taking it I gained the weight back, and my downfall with it was that if I intended to have a pig out session, I wouldn't take the pills (you take them right before you eat), so my own behaviors that got me fat still kept me fat with the pills. I've given up on the pills and what is working for me now is getting to the gym instead of the kitchen when I am having a bad day. Good luck!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I just use the shake weight that I ordered off of an infomercial and an easy button from staples and Walla.......
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Nope. It leaves me constipated and super anxious like my head was going to explode!
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I took Stacker 2 with ephedra stay awake when I worked overnight shifts. I never got hungry and my heart stayed racing. Then they were taken off the market for killing people or something so no more pills for me.

ETA: Ephedra? Ephedrine? Idk.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes. The Sudafed you have to sign for at the pharmacy. It cut my appetite in half. Unfortunately, it also gave me heart palpitations and higher blood pressure. But for the eight months I used it, I dropped weight.

If your question is, "Have I tried a HEALTHY, successful diet pill?" then the answer is no.

Funny you mentioned the Sudafed. I've been taking the same thing but the off-brand one for the past several days because my allergies have been really bad. I've noticed that I have way more energy and am hardly ever hungry. Now I know why you have to sign for them at the pharmacy. It's tempting for me to keep taking them but I know that the smart thing to do would be to not.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Over a period of twenty years, I tried both OTC diet pills and one prescription. Some worked in the short run, but none for the long haul. This is the first time in my life anything has ever worked. What is working now is this; eating at a calories deficit.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just use the shake weight that I ordered off of an infomercial and an easy button from staples and Walla.......

Can I borrow your shake weight? I'll be very gentle. Unless it's ok to go crazy with it.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Nope, never.
  • deshun1987
    Options
    I have heard great things from coworkers about 1DB Overdrive Prime / 1DB Goddess Prime supplements from 1st Phorm productline (I believe they are based in St. Louis). From what I have been told it really does do wonders ...but it isnt a "magic pill". You still have to put in the hard work in order to get the results you want. If anything they offer a 110% money back guarantee after thirty days if you dont like the product nothing to lose in my honest opinion.

I am actually going to give it a try myself. Just do a google search.
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nothing works unless you add cardio and eating healthy and within calories. If you are not doing that, nothing will work and /or you will gain what you lost back as soon as you stop. There is no magic pill...and even if something helps with appetite, you still have to work out and eat healthy.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No.

Learning moderation, and portion control have worked wonders though.