No more bagged popcorn!

Options
Red13
Red13 Posts: 287 Member
I recently read through the Real Age book and found an interesting fact on popcorn. You can make your own without an air popper or oil! Just place popcorn seeds in a glass bowl with cover and microwave high for 5-6 minutes. After most have popped, take out and if you prefer spray with a butter flavored PAM and toss some seasoning on it. This is much cheaper (I bought a bag of seeds for less than two bucks!) I put 1/4 cup of seeds in my bowl which I estimated after some popped and some didn't would be around 100 cals.

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I LOVE popcorn, I will definatly try this
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is a neat idea!!! I love popcorn...I air pop mine and I do use the butter flavored cooking spray..and sprinkle some nacho seasoning on it, yum!!!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I was so amazed when I learned this. I love my naked pop corn! try a seasoning packet of ranch stuff on there, Yummo!
  • kareng0
    Options
    I really don't understand why people spray Pam on food. Have you tried to clean it off your baking pans?
    What's in this stuff that makes it stick so bad. This makes me wonder what it is doing to our insides.
  • MandyGirly
    Options
    That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that!:smile:
  • Donnarama
    Options
    What did you use for a cover?
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What did you use for a cover?

Well I used my pyrex glass bowl that has a rubber lid. It also has a steam hole which I kept open because this was the first time I tried it and I didn't know what to expect. I know some people might have a glass cover to go with their glass bowls so I think that would work also. Otherwise, the closest thing to covering it that can take a long amount of heat can do the trick!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well...I figure if you can cook with cooking spray and it gets on your food, that it would be OK.