Caluculating exercise - help!

Options
This morning I did a Leslie Sasone video. It was her 3 mile walk and strengthening workout. (Good workout by the way!) I have NO idea how to log it. Recommendations?

Replies

• MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This morning I did a Leslie Sasone video. It was her 3 mile walk and strengthening workout. (Good workout by the way!) I have NO idea how to log it. Recommendations?

***Leslie Sansone....
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy! I'd probably log it as walking at a 3.5-4mph pace. When I did the same, or similar workout, I got pretty much the same calories per my HRM that I'd get walking at that pace.
  • libearyladylewis
    Options
    I love Leslie! Isn't the three mile about 45min? I do agree with MinnieInMaine (3.5-4)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Back last spring, I tracked my miles vs. weight lost and it calculated to 200 calories per 15 minute mile segment. I was doing Leslie's Ultimate Walk video. Love Leslie!:heart:
  • acogg
    Options
    If you want to really amp up the workout, do it with hand weights. Just adding a 3 lb. weight to each hand takes the workout to another higher level.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Back last spring, I tracked my miles vs. weight lost and it calculated to 200 calories per 15 minute mile segment. I was doing Leslie's Ultimate Walk video. Love Leslie!:heart:

Just curious - how did you calculate this? That's about double the average calorie per mile (100 cal per mile for walk, slightly more for run)
  • acogg
    Options
    I closely tracked my food, daily mileage and weight lost. A pound is a 3500 calorie deficit. I added up my accumulated calorie deficit over a months time, divided it by 3500 and compared it to pounds lost. I was using 1650 cals minus my MFP net cals after exercise = daily deficit. This was all back in March and April, so looking back over my notes this is what I remember. I was also lifting, which I didn't count.
  • acogg
    Options
    When I initially set my exercise calories, I used 250 per mile and purposely averaged 2 miles per day X 7. I used this number because it is easy to calculate, 7 X 500 = 3500. If this number had been true, I should have lost one pound per week. I didn't. Instead of losing 4 pounds, I lost 3 during that month.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Just a note that the "mileage" Leslie gives is way over estimated. I have to walk very fast out in the real world to do 3 miles in 50 minutes. Her marching in place in your living room for the time allotments equates to an unachievable pace in the real world.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the insight, ladies. I ended up putting a 45 minute walk at 3.0 and strength training for 15 mins. I used 3lb weights during my workout. I felt it towards the end! Fun workout and I'll plan to do it again tomorrow!