portillos lemon poppyseed muffin

Options
i had a choppd salad, no dressing for lunch today. database says 393 calories....i also had the SMALL muffin that went with it and database said 483! can this be right? i can't seem to find nutrition information on portillos anywhere. it just sound like an enormous amount of calories for a small muffin

Replies

• locello
    locello Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Muffins, even small ones, are notoriously calorie laden! That was one of the saddest things I came to realize while scoping out nutritional info. That calorie count was also echoed here:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/muffin-lemon-poppyseed/
  • am31001
    am31001 Posts: 1
    Options
    totally just ate one and i want to cry... a lot. how is it that many calories?! I don't understand how it fits into one little muffin.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's right! The first time I saw that I was socked too! It's so tiny but I've been eating that friggin chopped salad for years and the muffin size hasn't changed. Now I'm hungry.... mmmmm Portillo's :)
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow -- you could have had the chocolate layer cake for 356 (according to MFP database) which probably would have been way more satisfying and curbed that chocolate craving for weeks. "Live and learn" is what I always tell myself after a discovery like that. Now I'm craving Portillo's! Thankfully the closest one to me is a 100 minute drive. ;-)
  • callmechris
    Options
    The calories are now listed as 486 for a 4.25 oz muffin. No way is the muffin I ate today 4.25 oz! If there is a next time, I'll weigh it before I eat it and let you know for sure.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Muffin wt is 2 oz. That makes it 220 cal.
  • kehemarie
    kehemarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    haha I just ate one of these too. That seems insane! Oh well, knowledge is power.