Elliptical Machine

What are the pro and cons of using a elliptical machine? ( I've decided to give it a try tomorrow at the gym, but I never use one before. So, I want to know what I can do to help exercise with a elliptical machine. I've heard a lot of good benefits of using this machine. Any Advice? Thanks in advance!)

Replies

• They're great. Swapping between the treadmill and the elliptical will challenge you a lot! They work slightly different muscles and are often adjustable.

If possible, use on with swinging arms. It's a great warm up for your upper body while bangin out your cardio!

Also, crank up that resistance. You can work 2x as hard... and still read a book.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Do a search on the forums. This has been debated. They are low-impact and you can do a great job of getting your HR up. It's a closed system...you can over work some muscles. Mix it in as part of your workouts.....anything that can get you a sustained, elevated HR will help.
  • I was thinking of mixing it up by using a bicycle machine,treadmill, and do some weight-lifting. 3x a week, and the other 3 days for upper weight-lifting. I 've lost a lot of weight, but need to build muscle,strength,and tone my excess skin.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    I was thinking of mixing it up by using a bicycle machine,treadmill, and do some weight-lifting. 3x a week, and the other 3 days for upper weight-lifting. I 've lost a lot of weight, but need to build muscle,strength,and tone my excess skin.
    Good plan!