Starting today! Right now!

Options
Hello all :) I'm jumping in head first and am determined to accomplish my goals as of right this minute! I've not read many posts, but I HAVE to make a change so here goes.

My name's Ashley :) I'm 28 years old and I weigh 320lbs. I am exhausted all the time, none of my clothes fit, and my three beautiful children and husband are suffering because I'm fat and miserable. I'm a photographer by trade, and only a few hours a week are actually spent up and around for work, most of my work is in front of my computer. I have zero willpower and have been consistently gaining weight since my first child was born 8.5 years ago.

I'm hoping to find others who have been through what I'm going through that I can look to for inspiration, and others who are where I am now to lean on and provide a shoulder for! Wish me luck :)

Replies

• Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me :)
  • bluesunset2015
    Options
    Hey Ashley! Welcome :) I also started today, feel free to add me!
  • Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I am also Ashley! I'm 24, 5'4" and 155 pounds. I had this feeling LITERALLY a few days ago! I'd love to support you through your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me. :)
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley!

Welcome, feel free to add me!

BTW - love your name, my daughter's name is Ashley!
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, Lets do this together... I feel the same way..REstarted yesterday..Today went well...:)
  • Lillivix
    Options
    I'm 5'ft even...and at 211.4....I've been at it for a bit then got sick in the spring so had to take a break now back on the mend and weight loss journey. I'm looking to lose about 75 more lbs at this point. You guys can feel free to add me if you like.
  • MrsBell1024
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I'm feeling the love already :) I calculated my calories for the day and cannot BELIEVE that I ate nearly 3k calories!! Eyes opened, ready to do this!!
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have like 58 lbs left to lose and am trying to get into photography. SO I would love to be your friend. I would do my best to keep you accountable.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me too :)
  • healthy4three
    Options
    Hi there! I'd love to have more friends on here. Feel free to add me. :)
  • dqbound
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here too. Anyone who would like to add me please do. I'll be adding you all :) Let's do this!
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. Im restarting today. Im looking for inspiration/motivation! Feel free to add me.
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I'm 240 lbs (10 lbs down!) and I'm aiming for 170. Feel free to add me if you would like :) Welcome to the club!
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    The 1st step was getting here. Way to go.

I did the same thing a week ago. On a Wednesday, I just decided this is it, I am not waiting for the Monday that never comes to start.

I have lost 8 lbs my 1st weeks. YEA ME!

I know most of this is water weight and every week won't go as well, but I am determined to make this work.

I log everyday. Feel free to add me if you want.

Congrats on the beginning of your journey.
  • megslovescountry
    Options
    feel free to add me too everyone! i'm on my first week here, and already loving this tool!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty crappy MFP friend...

...but I admire your willingness to jump in right now...not next Monday...or after you finishing eating all of something, but right now.

Personally, I'd start by not drastically changing your eating habits, but just log what you eat for about a week. From there, you'll have the data you need to make more informed decisions. (Depending on what you select in the setup, MFP has a tendency to lead you to some pretty drastic changes that may be a little drastic all at once.) Or try the more ambitious approach and if you struggle with it, know that there's a way to do this that doesn't suck...or doesn't suck as much, at least.

Anyhow, good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello there! :-) Feel free to add me!
  • shortyaep73
    Options
    Hi Ashley, My name is Autumn. I'm 40 years old. I have three kids 22,16,14. I have been on MFP for a few weeks now. I am 286 lbs. now. I'm down 101 lbs. all together. I still have about 116 more lbs. to go. I would love to take this journey with you if you want . Just add me and I will be here to lend an ear or encouragement when needed. I figure the more people you have working with you the better chance of reaching the goals you set for yourself. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

It is a pleasure to meet you, and congrats on making the decision to do this for yourself and your family. The following may be unsolicited, but just some food for thought.

Back in august of this year, 1 month before my 32nd birthday, I weighed in at the heaviest in my life. I was 6'3'' 369 lbs and boarderline diabetic. A Member/customer at the credit union I work at had mentioned this app to me a few months before, and I decided to give it a week try. I loved it and thought that I was on the path. I WAS WRONG.... After a week I fell from the plan and while I did drop some weight between then and my last checkups, I got the news on 10/21/13 that I was officially a diabetic. It was so hard for me to accept that day, that I couldn't help but crawl into a hole. The very next day however, I looked at this as the last chance I had to make the changes I need to.

A week later after working through my emotions, I started a new week on here, committed to reaching out, and making a lot of great friends in just the first 3 weeks. I pushed myself hard to do it, probably much more than most should, in the first week. But it was that drive, that determination to fix what I could to avoid prolonged damage so that I could be with my wife and kid for as long as possible, that really put me into a mindset to continue with this. 2 days after starting back on MFP, I began walking during my lunch break after having my salad. It was tough, and I was sore and very exhausted by the time it was done, but it was that first step in the right direction.

While I am not a "Veteran", I have learned a few very valuable lessons (and continue to) that have helped me drop 16 pounds since my D-Day.... this is not going to be easy, this is going to test your resolve. Just like anything else in life, you have to work hard for what you have, and you have to work even harder to keep it. Look at your own life....you didn't just wake up and know everything you know about your job or family and friends. You made sacrifices to make those aspect of your life work, and it didn't happen over night. Make small EDUCATED changes and stick to them. Don't worry about the small failures you will have, just learn from them and do your best to improve upon them the next day. Learn to lean on your friends and fellow community in those difficult times... Everyone of us has been right where you are, making that first step to a better life. Finally, above all else, be honest with yourself. You cant improve if your not!

I wish you the best of luck, and I welcome you with open arms if you would like to.

Be well, and above all else, BE STRONG!

-CK
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty crappy MFP friend...

...but I admire your willingness to jump in right now...not next Monday...or after you finishing eating all of something, but right now.

Personally, I'd start by not drastically changing your eating habits, but just log what you eat for about a week. From there, you'll have the data you need to make more informed decisions. (Depending on what you select in the setup, MFP has a tendency to lead you to some pretty drastic changes that may be a little drastic all at once.) Or try the more ambitious approach and if you struggle with it, know that there's a way to do this that doesn't suck...or doesn't suck as much, at least.

Anyhow, good luck. :flowerforyou:

Gotta say Jo, love the Heisenberg look!!!