Victory Over Pizza

Options
So, tonight I'm babysitting my nephews. They wanted Pizza for dinner, so as I'm the awesome and amazing aunt that I am--I buy them their favorite pizza. The reason I'm posting this is because I didn't have one bite of pizza!!!!! I had a sandwich for dinner even though I smelled the pizza and it smelled so good. I think I have a handle on this!!!!

Replies

• pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Resisting pizza is a tough one and you did it!!!!!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's Progress! You stuck to your plan and succeeded.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    High fives all around!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, I'd have eaten it.

Good on you for having the discipline, but you can still make the occasional slice of pizza fit into your eating plan so you're not feeling overly restricted for ever.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Good on you for having the discipline, but you can still make the occasional slice of pizza fit into your eating plan so you're not feeling overly restricted for ever.

Was thinkin the same thing... Congrats on your success but if you enjoy some pizza then I would suggest working on allowing yourself some of the things you like and making them fit within your caloric intake... Maybe you could have a nice Salad and a couple slices//pieces of pizza...... Best of Luck
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Was thinkin the same thing... Congrats on your success but if you enjoy some pizza then I would suggest working on allowing yourself some of the things you like and making them fit within your caloric intake... Maybe you could have a nice Salad and a couple slices//pieces of pizza...... Best of Luck

Agreed. Or make your own pizza so you can control the ingredients/calories. That's what I do.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When I have cravings for pizza (which is my favorite bad food) I eat a Smart Ones Thin Crust Pizza. It quenches my craving. I don't have a problem working the foods I love in. I can handle sacrifice. I just pre-logged my day. I ate my sandwich (dinner) at work. Maybe if I didn't eat that sandwich I would have had a slice or two. The fact that I ate my sandwich AND didn't have a slice is what is huge to me. II've never been able to turn down pizza! Lol
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    When I have cravings for pizza (which is my favorite bad food) I eat a Smart Ones Thin Crust Pizza. It quenches my craving. I don't have a problem working the foods I love in. I can handle sacrifice. I just pre-logged my day. I ate my sandwich (dinner) at work. Maybe if I didn't eat that sandwich I would have had a slice or two. The fact that I ate my sandwich AND didn't have a slice is what is huge to me. II've never been able to turn down pizza! Lol

Well on that note great job :drinker: I make it a staple in my diet to fit pizza in atleast once a week.. lol Love Love Love me some Pizza... If you ever get the chance get some Flatout wraps and pizza sauce and top it off with whatever veggies you want. I use turkey pepperoni too and sharp cheese shredded cheese... If you brush alittle olive oil on the wrap and prebake them for 5 to 6 minutes and 350 it gets them alittle crispy before you add your toppings... These are really good and the ones I make are 500 calories and are very filling.... Something to try if you want... Best of Luck!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Well on that note great job :drinker: I make it a staple in my diet to fit pizza in atleast once a week.. lol Love Love Love me some Pizza... If you ever get the chance get some Flatout wraps and pizza sauce and top it off with whatever veggies you want. I use turkey pepperoni too and sharp cheese shredded cheese... If you brush alittle olive oil on the wrap and prebake them for 5 to 6 minutes and 350 it gets them alittle crispy before you add your toppings... These are really good and the ones I make are 500 calories and are very filling.... Something to try if you want... Best of Luck!!

Thanks Ed! My wife has these and I am gonna try that.
  • adenadammommy
    Options
    Great job!! Way to go, that is the hardest with little kids, they always want the bad stuff. The other night my kids wanted pizza, so instead of eating however much I wanted I let myself have two slices, and I was done. Keep it up.
    53114809.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I do not usually buy Lean Cuisines but someone told me to try the pizzas they have. The grocer had them on sale for 2 dollars each so I bought two. They were great, one at a time, of course. Who knew they could be so good out of the microwave? 330 cals.

Congrats on resisting!
  • MMMMMM pizza! So hard to resist! You did great by not eating with the kiddos.

I have a thing for Indian and Mediterranean cuisine and this week I happened to stock up on naan bread. I usually make paninis with them but twice this week I ended up making homemade pizzas that were soooo yummy:

naan bread
    drizzile of olive oil and a little garlic
    shredded Italian 6 cheese (asiago, parm, etc)
    black olives and mushrooms
    dollops of ricotta cheese
    bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees

You can add red sauce if you want but I prefer my pizza dry

MMMMMMMM so yum
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I do not usually buy Lean Cuisines but someone told me to try the pizzas they have. The grocer had them on sale for 2 dollars each so I bought two. They were great, one at a time, of course. Who knew they could be so good out of the microwave? 330 cals.

Congrats on resisting!

Costco sells individual pizzas made by Sabatasso's. They are right at 300 and 320 I believe and so good!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Does 'exercising self-control' count as a calorie-burning activity on MFP?

Good job, Auntie!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!