Can you go from a size 4 to a 2?

Options
Probably a stupid question, but I haven't tried to be a size 2 before. I've been a size 4 forever, even after having my son 9 months ago. I just want to know if it's possible and what i would have to do?

Replies

• walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be better off setting a weight goal rather than a size goal. It is virtually impossible to equate a drop in dress size with a drop in pounds. Some of the conversations here involving dress size have been rather mind blowing. Women who weigh more than I ever have in my life are in single digit clothes while I'm comfortably fitting into a 12 and a 10 at my lowest weight. It just varies so much.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I went from a 14 to a 2. I gained a few pounds back and am now a 4, sometimes a 6 with some 2s still zipping. Ask ar as how to do it, you have to become smaller, ostensibly by losing so e fat.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At that point it might be more a question of body type than body fat.

I wear a size 2 but I am also 4'11" if you have wide hips, no amount of weight loss will change that
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I can't even fit into most 4s at my lowest weight :) And by lowest weight I mean in the mid-high 80s because I got a disease (not an ED) that made me lose fat and most of my muscle mass! Dem hips ;)

If you are a 4 but can feel enough squishy fat, you could lose that. If it's muscle and bone then not so much, lol.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Usually in the smaller women's sizes (0-8) there's a 10-15 lb difference between each size. Also depends on your height! But I'm 5'8 and a natural size 4 (26 inch waist). To go down to a size 2 I had to lose 15 lbs (25 inch waist)
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape. I was a size two after my first and before this pregnancy. I've been as big as a size 16. You can't lose hip bone.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I hope I can think about how to go from a size 4 to a size 2 someday <sitting and typing in my size 16 workout clothes>

Oh, to have such issues...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape. Large frame and 5'5", I don't think I'll ever see anything below an 8 (unless it's one of those brands with vanity sizes).
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    i'm pear shaped and started in a size 14 jean, with a hope if getting down to a 6 (which I had never been before.) Fast forward a year and a little over 50lbs lost, and I'm wearing 2's in several brands and a size 0 in one brand. Still boggles my mind lol.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I hope I can think about how to go from a size 4 to a size 2 someday <sitting and typing in my size 16 workout clothes>

I never thought when I was in my size 16's, or my size 18's either, that I would be asking myself this question. But, 3 years later, here I am, at the same point between a 4 and a 2. :happy:

One day, you may just surprise yourself, and end up wondering this same thing...

OP, I agree with everyone else: it will depend on how much fat you have left on you, your natural bone structure, etc. Also, you could always try another brand, with vanity sizing what it is, I have found out I already fit in a 2 in some brands :laugh: (namely, Old Navy and Targets clothes if you are wondering!)
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know how ya feel, been at a 4 for ages. I still have a looot of toning to do and some belly blubber to get rid of, my 2nd baby really did a number on me haha. I have bigish hips though, dunno that I'll ever be a 2, even when I finish toning.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Clothing sizes are random, they vary from store to store and manufacterer to manufacturer. Why get hung up on a totally meaningless number?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Our issues are real to us and has nothing to do with someone else issues. :huh:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

I never thought when I was in my size 16's, or my size 18's either, that I would be asking myself this question. But, 3 years later, here I am, at the same point between a 4 and a 2. :happy:

One day, you may just surprise yourself, and end up wondering this same thing...

OP, I agree with everyone else: it will depend on how much fat you have left on you, your natural bone structure, etc. Also, you could always try another brand, with vanity sizing what it is, I have found out I already fit in a 2 in some brands :laugh: (namely, Old Navy and Targets clothes if you are wondering!)

I :heart: this post so much. Way to go!!!!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Some people can, some can't. Depends on bone structure and the way you're built. I went from a 4 to a 2 after losing about 12-14lbs.

Our issues are real to us and has nothing to do with someone else issues. :huh:

No they aren't. We should be happy the way we are (instead of striving to be better) because there are other people who wish they had these issues!
  • NerwenAldarion
    NerwenAldarion Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was a 4 for a couple of months and my parents told me there was no way I'd become a 2, not with my hips. But sure enough, after a little time my size 4 jeans are too big. Now I'm a size 2 or 0

I'm 5'3'' with big hips so it can be done.