Went away for FIVE MONTHS!

Options
Hello everyone,

If you're reading this I am asking for your support. I joined MFP back in January and lost over 50lbs between then and June/July.

Then I fell off the wagon and gained back about 15lbs since then. I'm embarrassed. I'm ashamed. I'm terrified if I don't fix this now then I will gain back all the weight I worked so hard to lose.

PLEASE add me as a friend and send support my way. I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)

Feel free to add me if you're still looking for some support...

I'm 24, female, lost over 50lbs so far, have another 20ish to go!! :)

X
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    you are still 35lbs lighter then you were at the beginning of the year. No reason to be ashamed, but perhaps time to take some action and see how you go. Don't beat yourself up, just dust off your food scales and off you go :-)
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I joined earlier this year too, with a big drive to exercise and eat healthy - losing weight a happy by-product ... :smile:

Midway though the year I got injured, which needed surgery and rehab, limited exercise. I didn't fall off the wagon - I jumped off gladly... Ate and drank to my hearts content - but have now decided its time and I am ready to ease my way back to my 'healthy' life.

It took me 5 months to lose 9kg, and it took me 5 months to put back 5kg - so I figure I am still in front!. I weighed less before, it felt good (better than I do now..lol) - so no reason why I can't get there again.

So no stress - I know what I have to so. I'll just refocus and get stuck into things again.

I am sure you can do the same. You know how good it feels when you get there..
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just the past year alone, I have lost over 75 pounds and have gained every single ounce back. I know it's hard but I have learned that I have to change my way of thinking about food. My problem was that I was addicted to sugar. I know that may sound strange but I truly believe I was. Over the past couple of days, I have tried to stop eating any sugar except what's naturally in foods like fruits. I'm hoping this helps because I know it's my stumbling block. Good luck with your journey. I know you can do it if you change the way you think about food.
  • hparros
    Options
    Wonderful, thank you for this encouragement! :)