Last 5-7 lbs. HELP!

Options
Okay, so far over my weight loss journey I have lost 15 lbs. I started in February of 2012 and my goal is lose 20 by February of 2013. I am 5'3 female, 19 years old. I have been down between 131 to 129 for the last month and a half! I can't seem to shake the last couple pounds to my goal weight of 125! I have lost the weight in a healthy way my eating right and exercising, even though my diet has not been the best lately. I know I need to fix that. But anyways! back to the main question!

What are some tips to help me shed those last few pounds?
I know it gets harder to lose weight when you don't have much more to lose but it is possible!

Thanks for any help!

Also ADD ME! Love having new friends that I can support!

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The last few lbs can be tough which is why being as accurate and accountable as possible is essential. Are you using a digital food scale to weigh everything you consume (even pre-packaged foods)? Are you logging literally everything you eat and drink? If not, then your issue likely has to do with those two factors.
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    so really just cracking down the next couple of months is what I really need to do?
    Thank you!
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi samanthajo!
    Im trying to lose the last 2kg until my birthday in december.
    Lately I've been cheating on my "diet" and I haven't had time to exercise....I could use a motivational friend who is in the same situation :)

We can do it!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    It's all about being consistent and accountable. Like I stated before, if you aren't using a digital scale to weigh literally everything and aren't logging everything, then you are likely underestimating how much you are eating.

Additionally, there are a few things that can cause excess water retention which may mask fat loss during these last few pounds: consistently eating too much sodium and excessive stress from overexercising in terms of cardio which elevates cortisol.