MFP BMR Vs Body Fat Scale BMR - (Boys TMI!)

Options
I am wondering if I should INCREASE my Cals to 2000 for a while and see what happens??? :blushing:

This is my Dilemma: My doc said to reduce to 1000-1200 but i tried this at the start and never lost weight here...(i did this for the first 6-8 weeks)... Then I tried upping them to 1630 and still no real change.... then I cut back to 1350... :huh:

So basically I have tried all three settings on here (for at least 4-8 weeks):

Lose 1lb a week (1630 cals- 4-6 weeks)
Lose 1.5lb a week (1370 - Current Setting)
Lose 2lb a week (1200 - first 6-8 weeks)

MFP says my BMR is 1673.... BUT my Body fat Scale says my BMR is Over 2,300!!! :embarassed:

ETA: MFP also says i use 2,100 calories in my normal daily activity in the "Goals" Section....

I have asked this question before and everyone said to go with the MFP BMR Figure.... and I did... but still no real change... (since i started i have hovered between 92 and 96kilos... NEVER outside this range. I go up and i go down but not below 92!):cry:

Yesterday I went OVER my cals by like 600 and this morning i have LOST WEIGHT!!! :noway: Not only should I have GAINED weight because i ATE so much but also because its my TOM which started yesterday!

I also just wanted to add that i have ALOT of muscle... my thighs are rock hard and i have alot of muscle elsewhere too (with a layer or three of fat too)

Sorry this is so long... but i really need some help... I have been on here monitoring Cals since July and basically have only gone up and down within the same 4 Kilos...

Also my when doc recommended 1000-1200 he didnt get why to eat more to lose weight... i dont think he goes for the whole "starvation mode".... :sad:

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    To calculate BMR, MFP uses a very well accepted equation. I have had my BMR tested with a metabolic cart and the MFP figure is pretty much the exact same number.

Your scale may be adding an activity factor into its number.
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have alot of muscle too (i used to compete in figure) so I have wondered the same since my weight is doing the same thing. I know muscle burns more calories than fat but how to figure that out, I do not know! I think we would have to know what our body fat % is and go from there. If you find out please let me know too!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    To calculate BMR, MFP uses a very well accepted equation. I have had my BMR tested with a metabolic cart and the MFP figure is pretty much the exact same number.

Your scale may be adding an activity factor into its number.

Really? With weight, height and a very subjective activity level?
  • tintin9
    tintin9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went OVER my cals by like 600 and this morning i have LOST WEIGHT!!!

I noticed this, too! Weird right? Hahaha!