Did your Resting Heart Rate Lower after weight loss

Options
Mine's around 70 - 80. But saying that I'm 310 pounds still even though I'm eating healthy and exercising. Does it go down when you lose weight? If I get up off the couch or anywhere my heart rate beats fast lol I think it's always done that though

Replies

• samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, my heart rate used to be above 80 bpm. Now it ranges 55-60 bpm :smile:
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I still have a way to go but mine is lower than what it was 60 pounds ago.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate has lowered just from exercising more, not from losing weight... although I'm sure that also helps, I just can't speak to it personally.

My heart rate has improved overall really over the past few months. I have the same problem with it spiking just walking across the room, but it's definitely gotten better with more cardio work outs!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mine went from high 60s to upper 40s. But I also gained a lot of fitness.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate has always ran on the fast side, 90 - 100 BPM. Now it's 55 - 60. I'm very pleased with that and it is a major pay off in my book (not to mention your cholesterol will be better, reduce the risk of heart disease & diabetes too...all major NSV) My BP on the last two doctor visits was 100/60. I still have 30 lbs to lose.
    Good luck!
    :smile:
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine was 90 a few months ago when I went to the doctor. Before I started losing weight. As of today it is 67.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Maybe a wee bit, but more so with an increase in cardiovascular fitness ...
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Drastically...I don't know what my resting hr was at my heaviest (slightly over 200 lbs) but I know around 165 it was about 55 and now it's around 42 ....I can get it down to the 30s if I lay still and truly concentrate.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mine was up around the 90's when I was at my heaviest, but came down to the mid-60's after fair amount of weight loss. Then I started working on my cardio fitness and now it's down to under 50 (I just measured it at 45, which is the lowest I've seen).
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, mine was 120 when I started and now its down to 80.

Roughly :wink:
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    mine lowered from 92 to 68 I don't think your heart is supposed to beat really fast from getting up off the couch you might wanna go see a doctor and make sure everything is ok
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mine went from mid 80s to low 60s, exercise contributed probably more than the weight loss.
  • ujjz
    ujjz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Before I started working out, my diet was enough to change it. I went from 80 to 60
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, my heart rate used to be above 80 bpm. Now it ranges 55-60 bpm :smile:

Same here
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It should a little due to weight loss, as the heart does not have to pump the blood as far. But what also makes a difference is getting fit. Cardio strengthens your heart so it doesn't have to work as hard to do the same job, which in turn lowers your resting HR.

So getting fit and losing weight will have quite a large impact on resting HR.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Mine went from 80 at around 200 lbs to about 60 now around 165 lbs as I got leaner.
  • shreddedadam
    shreddedadam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I dont mean like super fast. Just faster. But i am guessing its because I'm overweight still?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Big time, though it's probably more to do with my workouts than the weight loss itself. Mine went from a consistent 84 bps to anywhere from 51 to 62 bpm.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Mine went from mid 70s to mid 50s with exercise.