christmas party, chinese food

Options
Going out for chinese food, everything seems to be breaded and fried rice,
any suggestions for a weight loss diet?
Don't want to gain weight to celebrate christmas !

Replies

• damiend1985
    damiend1985 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the food and the night - just exercise portion control, and have fun! Then jump right back to your plan the following day!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Eat the non breaded entrees and ask if they have brown rice.
  • LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    Go for steamed rice instead of fried rice. That will cut out a lot of oil and calories. Avoid deep fried foods and stick to stir fried dishes such as veggies. If you are having dim sum go for the steamed dishes rather than fried.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, keep refilling my water please. Chicken or Shrimp and Broccoli. One fortune cookie preferably the one that tells me I will be successful losing weight.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous responses - portion control is a must, I usually go for chicken & broccoli, and steamed veggies when I get chinese food. Lots of water to counteract the sodium and fill you up :)

Lastly, just expect to go over your calorie limit and be extra careful the next few days after to make up for the excess (I usually distribute an excess of 500 cals over the 2-3 days following the overage).
  • flarbish
    flarbish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you you all for your kind replys, the steam brown rice, sounds good and veggies and shrimp
    or chicken. I will take a little better outlook on the dinner. Happy holiday
    to all!