Favorite Things About The Kitchen!

Options
TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
...other then the food of course! Name something about your kitchen that you love! I really wanted to make my kitchen a haven in ways other then "junk food" related. Does that make sense? The kitchen was always a place I could find a frozen reeses or a chips ahoy cookie.

Now its a place where I love the bright orange walls, my mixing bowls and muffin pans! (For low cal muffins of course!)

What is your favorite part of the kitchen?

Replies

• mom23kids
    Options
    My classic cherry cabinets with pewter handles against my bright yellow walls and black granite countertops!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The fact that I have one! (I've been living in dorms for the past 3 years - and I FINALLY moved off campus). I have a large kitchen (for a 2BR Apt) with space for a round table in the corner that works for food prep area and eating area. Seriously, I love everything about it. Except for the fact that my oven is TINY and that I had to spend an entire night cleaning it when I first moved in.
  • mommylucy
    Options
    That when I'm in there, I'm always making something for my family (from scratch).
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love that my husband and I get in there to prepare meals TOGETHER! Its my favorite time of day because we get to visit and there's NO distractions (such as tv or radio). I also love that he's on board with adjusting recipes to make them healthier. Whoop!
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    I love the smells (the good ones) that come from my kitchen. The first thing I fix in my kitchen every morning is a warm cup of cappuccino with a little sprinkle of Mexican chocolate - it's delightful. :love:

I love that I can prepare healthy food for my husband & me (and even our pets) instead of buying pre-made food or spending $$ when I'm at work. It's a fun place to experiment with different herbs and new recipes. I love that I know what's going into my food.

I love how simple everything is my kitchen - not many gadgets - just the basics. I love that I can see my garden while I'm washing the dishes. :flowerforyou:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    <
    wants to wash dishes in Biodeb's kitchen so I can see her garden! *jealous*

That is so awesome!
  • BellyLaugh
    BellyLaugh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ummm, not using the kitchen a great deal other than to grab something. I gotta start cooking folks! I do love my colored glassware, some Fenton, some modern, I have above my cabinets with lights shining on and through the pieces reflecting the shapes and colors onto the ceiling. Very calming to sit in family room and look at them.
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    I love my kitchen, it's my favorite room in the house. I remodeled it myself and put in new cabinets, a floor, and installed an island. I picked out the mixers and food processor, the knife set--I prefer a chef's knife to the santoku, the cutting boards, all my bake ware, my omelette pans . . . and my rolling pin--french--for the pie crusts. Oh damn, now I'm hungry.

:laugh:
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love the speaker for my ipod so I can plug in and dance whilst I cook and practice my Beachbody moves. I find cooking is like a meditation for me and releases all the stresses of the day. Apart from the washing up of course haha....
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I put a lamp in the corner of the counter top to give soft light and not fluorescent. Then added some framed photos and ipod speakers. It's like a sanctuary and I cook healthier when it's so calm.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I love that my kitchen is open and looks out over almost the entire main floor of the house. It gives the house a warm and family oriented feeling.

Karen
  • steppann
    Options
    I love that my kitchen is the place that everyone seems to gravitate too. My kids pile up at the table to do home work while munching on a (now) healthy snack, while I am usually messing around with getting dinner going. When we have company over once again everyone ends up in the kitchen as well as my kids friends. I guess when I am home I spend most of my time there. I love to cook and try different foods so I get to play with a lot of new things since trying to make things healthy.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ah, the kitchen... my favorite place. I love kitchens in general, they are such an amazing mix of high tech and old fashioned. New techniques and yet still the place to do the things we have done for generations.

I love my kitchen because it's in the middle of my house. My son has his kitchen next to mine and we cook together. My husband cooks with me and always helps me clean up. My favorite thing IN my kitchen is my super heavy duty mixer. Without it I'd be lost.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that my kitchen has an open floor plan to the family room! This means I'm never "stuck in the kitchen" preparing or cleaning up after meals all by myself. Even if nobody is helping me, they're right across the floor and I can be part of the conversation, or watch the same TV show, or whatever. My kitchen/family room combo is truly the heart of my home. It's where we spend ALL our time.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great topic!

i love my sunny yellow color against the black granite countertops. i love my stainless steel gas range. i love my wine fridge. i love my lemon tree in the windowsill over the sink. i love my collection of teapots. but most of all? i love that my boys do the dishes and i don't have to. :)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I love everyone's kitchens and now I want to come visit!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment and the kitchens are usually small but my kitchen is a nice large kitchen with lots of counter space and lots of cabinets. :happy:
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    My big, black and shiny KitchenAid mixer. I always dreamed about having one, but the price tag kept me away. Then, one day, I was watching the Kohls ad and found them to be on sale, and had my 30% off coupon, and just enough cash I had earned from a freelance design job that I was able to finally afford it without feeling guilty. For the first couple of weeks I was afraid to use it. I just liked walking by it and smiling :) I'm glad I got over that quickly.

Also, we have a dry erase board hanging on the wall in our kitchen, and my husband and I often leave little surprise love messages for each other on there. Right now, the board is full of them because I haven't wanted to erase any, but it's the first place my eye goes when I walk in there :)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    My big, black and shiny KitchenAid mixer. I always dreamed about having one, but the price tag kept me away. Then, one day, I was watching the Kohls ad and found them to be on sale, and had my 30% off coupon, and just enough cash I had earned from a freelance design job that I was able to finally afford it without feeling guilty. For the first couple of weeks I was afraid to use it. I just liked walking by it and smiling :) I'm glad I got over that quickly.

Also, we have a dry erase board hanging on the wall in our kitchen, and my husband and I often leave little surprise love messages for each other on there. Right now, the board is full of them because I haven't wanted to erase any, but it's the first place my eye goes when I walk in there :)

I love the dry erase board! I had one at my old house that my hubbo and I did the same thing! :o) I need to get that up and running here! :o)

And I'm so happy for you and your mixer. I went to the mall yesterday and saw them in a kitchen shop. Literally I had my face smashed up against the window starring at them, like a kid looking at a puppy! SO awesome!