Help with new diet

Options
Hello guys,

I just started my diet plan on here about 2 weeks ago, and I set it up with the goal of losing about 1.5 pounds per week. I've been keeping to it more or less (usually coming up about 100 calories under the goal), but I've ended up losing 12 pounds in under the two weeks. When I dropped the 7 pounds in the first 5 days I figured it was just water weight but it only took 4 more days to drop 4 more pounds. Should I adjust my diet upwards to slow this down or is this just normal in the first few weeks? I'm not feeling overly hungry so I don't think I'm starving myself and I'm averaging about 1700 calories a day.

thank you for the advice.

Replies

• faulc133
    Options
    bumping for advice
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You might want to post your stats (height, weight, exercise regimen) and open your diary so that people can give you advice.
  • faulc133
    Options
    I'm 5'7, started 191 and am now 179. I work at a job where I am standing all day and doing light lifting/ active movement most of the day but other than that I'm not doing anything. I tried to start the T25 for a couple of days but when I noticed that I was dropping weight so fast so I decided to hold off until I figure out where I'm at with my weight
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    With only 28 lbs to lose, set your goal at 1 lb per week or a 500 calorie deficit.

Your bmr is 1855 and your tdee at lightly active is 2550 and at moderately active is 2875.

Try upping your calories to between 2050 and 2375.
  • faulc133
    Options
    Thank you, so basically I'm assuming that this rapid loss isn't normal in the first couple weeks?
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If you radically changed your diet, you could have lost a lot of water weight that you were carrying around. In all likelihood, it will stabilize. If it doesn't, eat more. Good luck!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great advice from everyone above^. :smile:

Also, I wanted to add that I really appreciate your concern for taking a healthy and sustainable approach to your weight loss. Great perspective, and awesome work!