water

Options
been sick this week and having a hard time getting 64 oz., normally i drink plently of water, just this week it seems that i am having to force myself to drink it. got some orange juice to help keep me hydrated. funny thing is when i aint sick i cant stand OJ.

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That stinks! hopefully you have a quick recovery
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    been sick this week and having a hard time getting 64 oz., normally i drink plently of water, just this week it seems that i am having to force myself to drink it. got some orange juice to help keep me hydrated. funny thing is when i aint sick i cant stand OJ.

I guess your body just knows what it needs. I'd run with it and not worry too much about sticking to everything so perfectly. Try to get better first and then worry about getting back on the horse.

I hope you feel better soon. :smile:
  • rachelmonsi
    Options
    I am the opposite... I can drink anything but water. So this new lifestyle has been quenching. Feel better :smile:
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better as well. But to explain why you are seeing this occurence in your habits, I will explain. Water contains no vitamins or minerals. Therefore, when your body is sick, then it needs a lot more energy to combat the problem. Vitamin C is a major antioxident, which gives your body the energy it needs to combat this problem. Water has none, and therefore the body does not need as much due to its low value of importance. So, I recommend still trying to stick with your diet if you can, but make sure to get your 100% daily recommended Vitamin C. ALSO, you should be getting your 100% recommended Vitamin D, as it promotes your immune system. There are other vitamins, but these are 2 of the most important when you are sick.
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    HOPE YOU ARE FEELIN BETTER REAL SOON.....