Gastric Bypass/Sleeve Buddies

Love the myfitnesspal.com website and the ability to track your food values in addition to exercise. And it's all for free.
I had vertical sleeve gastric surgery 2 months ago. I'm interested in buddying up with others who are going through or have gone through this new lifestyle of eating. I've thus far lost over 40 lbs and hoping to reach 100 lbs as my goal weight loss.
The vitamins, supplements, and array of high protein products found on Vitamin Shoppe.com has really been helpful.

Replies

• i am scheduled to have my sleeve on 11/26...I am very excited but, I am on a liquid diet right now and I have my moments when I want to scream...never noticed how many commercials deal with food...congrats on your weight loss thus far.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    I considered having surgery. I even scheduled a meeting with the surgeon for next week. However, I am TERRIFIED of actually going through with it. I'm scared something bad will happen to me. Also, I figured this: If I am going to have to be restricted after the surgery, then I might as well try to restrict myself now and see if I could actually do it. I know this may sound goofy but it's what's went through my mind. I guess I will still go next week and see what the surgeon has to say.
  • I haven't had the GVS yet, but I am scheduled to meet with the doctor for a consult on 01/14/2014. I've never made a decision this huge about myself before, so I'm nervous and excited all in one. Hoping to make some connections through here, and learn more as I progress along. :)
  • I just had gastric bypass on 12/26. I'm hoping to be back on regular food by 01/23 and a regular lifestyle by early February.
    I started with mfp on Easter of 2012 and lost about 100 lbs before surgery. Now I have about 170+ lbs to go. It hasn't been easy, but I can see and feel a huge difference in myself just in the last year. I can't wait to heal and get started. It's nice to see there are other people here going through the same thing. :)