Examples for my Mother (50+ Women Only)

Options
FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
I want some examples of women in their 50s+ who lift heavy and have changed their bodies, recently. I want to prove to my mother that she can do it, and that she can get results.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    <---- I am 55 and I lift heavy (Stronglifts 5x5) 3 times a week. It's not what made me lose weight, but I am stronger because of it. Plus, I love feeling like a badass under a barbell. Tell your Mom to just try it.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Great, thanks! How long did it take you?

Cmon, I know there are more women on here, post! lol
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm not 50 but will be 49 on Monday. Is that close enough?

I started in my 40s and have been lifting for 7 years and competing for over 5. You can look at my profile pictures. It's not recent though. It's been years. It's never too late to start.

I didn't start big. I started skinny and flat assed.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    helenjon752 is in her 60s and lifts heavy. She is really inspiring (I'll send her this thread).
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey there as requested by emjaycazz here I am !
    I am 63 and a granny of 5
    I am small but I lift as heavy as I can. I have only been lifting since June but I have seen great results.
    Tell your Mum to just have a go and tell her she will be strengthening her body and warding off osteoporosis too.
    Good luck to her !
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In for findings! I have been in the same talk with my mom. She keeps thinking she has to hit the elliptical, but I know lifting would make a huge difference. My words keep hitting a wall so I am hoping your stories will help! I show her the usual threads, but own of women like her would be great!
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Thanks ladies, anyone else?