lost weight but no inches

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has had this, I have searched for through the forums, am I alone........I have lost 16 pounds but i am the exact same measurements as when I started

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Measurements can be tricky, because it's hard to measure in the exact same spot every time. Also, where are you measuring? You may be losing fat in areas you aren't paying attention to. Also, you may be losing visceral fat rather than subcutaneous fat. This is a very good thing, but it won't show a great decrease in measurements.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Inches tend to come off faster with good exercise. What have you been doing?
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this, I have searched for through the forums, am I alone........I have lost 16 pounds but i am the exact same measurements as when I started

I'm kind of in the exact same place. I haven't seen a big change in my waist or chest. I find it hard to take my own measurements so usually ask my wife to do it but haven't done it for awhile.

What I do place a lot of stock in is my belt loop and how my clothes fit. And now things that used to be really tight are now loose. Clothes that I almost threw away now fit. Those things aren't imaginary and validate all the hard work. Plus it is so much easier to get through workouts and my pace is better and breathing is less labored.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Measurements can be tricky, because it's hard to measure in the exact same spot every time. Also, where are you measuring? You may be losing fat in areas you aren't paying attention to. Also, you may be losing visceral fat rather than subcutaneous fat. This is a very good thing, but it won't show a great decrease in measurements.

Interesting ... i havent been measuring ...
  • Kris_Marx
    Options
    Ive experienced a similar issue. With a 30lbs loss ( 75ish to go) I have seen minimal changes in my measurements, and hardly any change in the fit of my clothes. The only noticeable difference is my breasts. :( It is extremely frustrating !!
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    I have been measuring all over.....waist, chest, hips, arms, legs, so it has to be coming off somewhere, so I'm going for internally for sure. As for exercise, yes I have been doing that too, I have three dogs which I walk each day as well as use my cross trainer (elliptical) for about 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and mixing it up with a bit of HIIT training too, maybe twice a week.

I'm kinda hoping that the next 14 pounds off is where I will truly start to see a difference.I have about 28 pounds still to go till I reach my goal. I'm not down about this, I was just wondering if anyone else out there was having this kinda thing happen too, and it seems there are others....I AM NOT FOREVER ALONE...phew :)
  • vjsanvil
    vjsanvil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first 20lbs I lost I saw no changes in my measurements (well, except for my bust). I stopped measuring and low and behold, at almost 35lbs lost I have lost 6 inches on my waist, 6 inches on my hips, and 2 inches on each of my thighs. And I workout at least 5 days a week (running, barre3 and bootcamp) and that didn't move the inches off any faster. Basically, it will happen. All our bodies react differently, but it will happen. Keep up the great work!