What's everyones T-day plan?

Options
Just wondering what you all are planning for the holiday...are you going to eat dinner and track or make special meals?? I don't want to derail myself and I know I will if I just eat whatever just because its a holliday I will probably try to stick with small portions and make my own healthier dessert. Just curious what everyone else was doing?

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have 3 different Thanksgivings to attend. I'm just going to eat small portions but enjoy myself. I'm also only eating desserts if they're homemade. I'm not wasting 500 calories on a slice of store bought pumpkin pie. It's not much of a "plan" but I love Thanksgiving and I'm not about to deny myself something I only get once a year.

Eta: I will be tracking as well as I can. If I don't, I'm way more likely to go hog wild.
  • Cristjams
    Cristjams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've already calculated up the calorie totals from what I'm most likely to eat. It lets me know what serving size of my favorites I can have without jeopardizing my progress! I find doing this empowering! I have control over what I eat without depriving myself.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on tracking anything. I'll just eat moderate portions of the things I really like, avoid becoming uncomfortably stuffed, and get back at it the next day.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I plan on making healthy choices. I do not intend to deprive myself. However, I will run in the morning and my shopping shenanigans on Friday will certainly burn some calories :smile:
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat as I normally do. I really don't understand why people stuff themselves on Thanksgiving. Since I make dinner for the entire family, I'm in complete control of the ingredients.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Gonna run a mile or so before my 5K and then not worry about it. I'll log everything and if I go over it's not going to kill me long term and I'll probably make it up on the day to follow or certainly the day after that as it's my long run day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It is an occasion...it is one day of many days...you nor I got fat because of a special occasion...holiday....b-day...rando bbq party, etc. We got fat because we treated every day like T-day and didn't move enough.

I personally will be doing what i do every year...I will sit down and enjoy a feast with my family and friends...I will give thanks for all of the blessings in my life and enjoy the day...I will do the same on Christmas. This process is about what you're doing 90% of the time, not 10% of the time...one day cannot derail anything.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I came here to find out what T-day was and then realized that you guys are just late. We already had our T-Day. My plan was to stay home and eat chocolate. I did that. SUCCESS!
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We will be in Jamaica. I will probably eat too much but I'm not too worried about it. It's one day....as long as I keep it to just one day.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm still tracking my calories and managing my portions, but I won't be limiting myself to 1,500 calories if I want to eat more. I just want to be responsible about it. I try to eat low carb, so I'll probably eat mostly turkey and salad with a sampling of more processed foods on the side. I don't eat dessert, but I decided that I can have on piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and also Christmas.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have a 5k that morning. We are also making our own core family dinner, instead of being with the extendeds; this could be good or bad, depending on if I feel I have to finish everything! But at least I'll have complete control on what's on the table, and won't have anyone suggesting I get another helping of something I don't want. I will lean heavily on turkey, sweet potatoes, fruit salad and green salad. Top it off with a hot roll and some turkey stuffing (I fill mine with carrots and onions, not just the bread stuff) and mashed 'taters, and my plan is made. Yes, it sounds carb heavy, but better than other years.

Not a huge fan of dessert. Maybe a slice of apple pie? Depends on if I feel like making any.

I will not eat to bursting. I will enjoy it. I will make some rough estimates on calorie count but won't stress it. It's one day out of many.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ham
    Stuffing
    Scalloped potatoes
    Green beans
    Sweet potato pie

Honestly, I've never gorged myself on Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed when I fill my plate with one portion of each of the above and I go back for seconds when I'm hungry again in 5-6 hours. In any case, it's only one day.
  • mdbrookeyak
    mdbrookeyak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone kinds has similar plans! My family generally eats around 2 so it ends up pretty much ith being the only meal we have we have with the exception of coffee and appetizers before hand.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Certainly not making any special dishes, unless you count my EPIC homemade mac and cheese that is full of sour cream and crunchy bacon. NOM! Been looking forward to that for months.

I'll work out in the morning so I can eat what I please for dinner. Lots of turkey, my mac & cheese, green beans (regular, not that casserole stuff), fresh wheat roll. Followed by apple pie. No substitutions. That wouldn't be American. ;)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Going hiking in the morning, then the afternoon will be spent at my husband's family's. Snacking lightly through the day and then dinner around 4-5. I will be eating all the foods. Including dessert. I will log everything, as accurately as I can guess and leave it at that. I'm not even going to *try* and stay in my goal. It's one day (ok, three if you count the other families involved), it's not going to undo all of my hard work. :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    A veggie tray, and cocktail shrimp for starters.
    Turkey breast with MODIFIED fixin's. (Mashed Cauliflower with turkey gravy, brussell sprouts, etc...)
    Dessert as it strikes me...but with consideration of the time to run/step/work it off. Will log every morsel and nibble, but will enjoy the day with my family. Maybe a glass of wine, but I'm usually on call for the holidays so no alcohol, as a rule.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Certainly not making any special dishes, unless you count my EPIC homemade mac and cheese that is full of sour cream and crunchy bacon. NOM! Been looking forward to that for months.

You will, of course, share the recipe?:flowerforyou: