I need some accountability buddies!!!

Options
I have a huge problem with motivation and staying on the wagon. I do good for about 5 days and then give up. I'm looking for friends to keep me on track of my goal of losing 20 lbs! Help me out? Please?!?!

Replies

• marola67
    Options
    So do I especially after using this app.........when I saw my calories I almost cried however it has really helped me watch what I eat.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hey Cassey - why give up after 5 days? Do you REALLY want to change, or you think you 'should' change.
    We rarely do what we think we should, we do what we MUST do or what we really WANT to do.

Make it a Want and a MUST. you'll still have a bad day, but then you'll be right back up again.

Are you exercising? If you start that, it can give you more ambition.

its a lifestyle... you have to make it what you can keep up with.

Add me if you'd like

Good luck
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Me! Me! Pick me!! LOL Feel free to add me and we can make each other stay on track even if it means crying as we eat our salads and drink our V8.
  • Tracyxxxx
    Tracyxxxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish ladies I'm on day 205 today and I've lost 63 pounds
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. The more the merrier
  • jedifan
    Options
    Having to keep track of everything I eat is what's keeping me accountable. When I want to eat something incredibly unhealthy, I think about having to write it down. That's my biggest deterrent. Sometimes I'll check the calories on it and only have a portion, so I don't feel cheated.

Exercise? That's not happened yet. Not sure if I'll get myself motivated before the new year or not.

Please add me. We can all help each other to stay motivated!

Kayla.... you have an Adipose in your ticker! Love it!!!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm brutally honest. I'll call you out on slacking. I'll encourage you to make the right choices and cheer you on towards success.

No sugar coating here. I'm off sugar.

Add me if you'd like.
  • awilsonpnb
    Options
    Having accountability buddies really helps.Count me in!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Other people can only help you so far. What you need is some willpower and sadly no one can help you with that but you.

Trust me learned that the hard way, but if you need a cheerleader that I can do.

* gets pom poms*
  • rick30316
    rick30316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ll be your buddy. My sister is on here, too. She is melanieroberts72.
  • meganliliane18
    meganliliane18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to help you with accountability! I need one too, ever since being at college, I've fallen off the wagon and gained 10 lbs D:
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, if you want to add me. Do you plan for a "cheat meal" or "cheat day"? That's helped me a lot, because I know it's okay to eat whatever I want for a meal (sometimes it turns into several over the weekend). During the week I usually do great.
  • cassymoore7
    Options
    Losing weight is a lifestyle change but it's hard when your alone. I need to motivation to help keep me going strong and so, I'm reaching out. I know y'all can't hold a gun to my head and force to put that piece of cake down but reading your words of encouragement and maybe calling me out when it needed, will totally help me out.

Saturdays are my cheat day. I eat 3 moderete portions on that day an a snack. I used to go crazy for the whole day but that never worked out in my favor!

I do running 3 times a week and I really need to start a weight training routine (that can be done at home, I have 2 little ones and I stay at home with them) so yeah, need ideas on that, espically for my arms!!!

Feel free to add me if I don't add you, I'm doing his on my phone and sometimes I think it's added people, but it hasent.
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Always happy to help if I can on the motivation add if you want to and anyone else feel free to add
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :)
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Pick me!! LOL Feel free to add me and we can make each other stay on track even if it means crying as we eat our salads and drink our V8.

"even if it means crying as we eat our salads"
    So Funny! Love it!
  • spiritledyoga
    Options
    It is SO hard to stay accountable isn't it? Today, I am a wellness coach and a yoga instructor. I coach people in person and across the miles to meet not only their weight loss goals but their goals LIFE changes. And it is such a process of letting go, letting in and allowing your body to respond. Once your body begins to respond to diet and exercise it will want to eat healthy and you will find yourself wanting to exercise. BUT the hard part is always getting to that place. Trust me, you can do this. If you don't have support around you, find some. That's why I coach from across the miles because so many people do not have family/friends around them willing to hold them accountable. And it is hard to ask for help sometimes too. For some of us it has been a life long battle and it gets old real quick. Trust me friends you need to find the right person who will encourage you and keep you focused. If you don't have that then find someone. NOW. It is no fun doing this alone. Please feel free to message me and I will hold you accountable.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Started in june lost 20 so far! I love my pals if you want add me im cool! :)