Time for me

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in and say hello ! Haven't really got my head around the site yet but am sure it will all become clear soon enough :) I am a busy sahm of three gorgeous kids and am so grateful to be able to see them grow up everyday. I love them dearly but like a lot of mums have lost a bit of myself along the way. I seem to be forever promising myself I will do something for "me" one day, but it just never seems to happen . I never had any weight issues growing up and it really wasn't until I had my last child I found myself with a few extra pounds to get rid of. That, with a sluggish thyroid and a couch potato attitude has landed me in even more trouble and now I really need to lose the extra weight. My ultimate weight loss goal is 37 lbs and I am quite happy to take my time and do it in a healthy, steady way. I would love any words of wisdom, or even some tips, and who knows I may even be able to support someone else on their journey too. Thanks for reading :-)

Replies

• laylacamp
    Options
    "You have to want it more than you fear it "

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in and say hello ! Haven't really got my head around the site yet but am sure it will all become clear soon enough :) I am a busy sahm of three gorgeous kids and am so grateful to be able to see them grow up everyday. I love them dearly but like a lot of mums have lost a bit of myself along the way. I seem to be forever promising myself I will do something for "me" one day, but it just never seems to happen . I never had any weight issues growing up and it really wasn't until I had my last child I found myself with a few extra pounds to get rid of. That, with a sluggish thyroid and a couch potato attitude has landed me in even more trouble and now I really need to lose the extra weight. My ultimate weight loss goal is 37 lbs and I am quite happy to take my time and do it in a healthy, steady way. I would love any words of wisdom, or even some tips, and who knows I may even be able to support someone else on their journey too. Thanks for reading :-)
    [/quote]
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your goal sounds reasonable. All I can say is just keep working at it, there will be goods days and not so good days, but in the end it will be all worth it. I am here for support if you need it
  • laylacamp
    Options
    Thanks for the support , I really appreciate it !
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
    Busy mom of two here that works outside the home. Time is always an issue isn't it? Time for Mom IS Very Important! Remember it makes you a Better mom

I've tried a lot, and finally had to go with AM workouts while everyone else is asleep (and I'm a natural night owl!)

Plan the meals. Watch what you eat from the kids plates (Amazing what we pick up!)
    Find a workout you LOVE and you're more likely to do it.

We're here for you!

WELCOME
    Nancy