Hello

Options
Hey guys, I’m new to the MyFitnessPal. I'm really liking it a lot. I grow up not thin but not heavy. I gained a large amount of weight in my late twenties due to a long bout of depression. Fortunately the depression has passed but unfortunately the weight has stayed. Being a tall person it is hard to find clothes as it is but having extra weight on has made it all most impossible to find reasonably priced clothes that fit. I really want to get into shape to be healthy and to be a positive role model for my children.

Replies

• 0cathy0
    Options
    good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if your looking for some xx
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    welcome to MFP, this is a great site for tracking your food and exercise. It is a very easy to use site. Please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your journey. BTW I didn't know the boyscouts had a weight guideline?
  • boardshorts
    Options
    The weight guidelines are for events that will take the unit beyond a radius wherein emergency evacuation is more than 30 minutes by ground transportation, such as backpacking trips, high-adventure activities, and conservation projects in remote areas. I'm 6'1 so the guidelines for me are 144-205 for a recommended weight and 206-246 for an allowable exception weight.
  • mkakowski
    mkakowski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm new here too and I love this site. Everyone is so friendly and helpful! Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can keep each other motivated! Good luck!