Music recommendations?

Options
Let me just start off by saying that I do not like dubstep or basically anything that is on the radio.
I'm more into bands like Avenged Sevenfold, slipknot, five finger death punch, Halestorm, disturbed, etc. And at the moment I don't have that "super awesome motivating, must run all the miles!" Song. :( I basically listened to my last one too much, lol. I like music to kind of take me away when m running, if I can get lost in thought or in a song, I don't focus too much on my legs hurting or my lungs decaying( gotta love strep throat. ) so, if you guys got any awesome songs that really get you in that zone, share with me please! :) oh and another thing, I'm not saying I only listen to metal, just none of that boy band junk. Thanks again. ;)

Replies

• AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Check out In This Moment, & Otep if you haven't.
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    I started listed to American Head Charge again as they released some new material (at last!) that i didn't know about. Forgot how awesome they are. Check em out. :)
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    check out: Jubel Klingande. No 1 in Germany
    I love it :)
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Poets of the Fall, perhaps?
  • christopherdunne547
    Options
    Drowning Pool - Bodies.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Drowning Pool - Bodies.

oh yeah thats great :)

good ol one
    sisters of mercy: temple of love
    awesome to sweat to!!
  • THATbeautifulpunk
    Options
    Sweeeettt! Thank you everyone. :)
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Grouplove - Ways to Go
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty big fan of Falling In Reverse, but that's just me. I know they took a lot of heat from their latest album, but I freakin' love it! I also reaaaaaally like The Browning. Both bands get me supah pumped!
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    iwrestledabearonce.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Otep, Gojira, Static-x...
  • THATbeautifulpunk
    Options
    I love Falling in reverse. Just like Black Veil Brides, they get a lot of hate because of the way they look, which is so stupid but that's the world for ya'!
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    Options
    nib by black sabbath, badass! :)
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Manson - Fight Song
    Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
    Metallica - Creeping Death
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love Falling in reverse. Just like Black Veil Brides, they get a lot of hate because of the way they look, which is so stupid but that's the world for ya'!

I saw Falling In Reverse a year ago at Dirtfest. They were pretty awesome. I had never heard of them until that show. :)
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ibqt7vXp4x1uvy.gif
  • embaudin
    embaudin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Personally I listen to a lot of different music just because thats what gets me going. I can't recommend individual songs, you've got to find songs where the lyrics kick up a fire in you. Sometimes its the beat that gets you going; other times its the words that are being sung that will really get you going, not just the beat.

My current gym playlist:

> Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
    > Warrant - Cherry Pie (I listen to this one more for the beat than the lyrics)
    > Foo Fighters - Best of You / The Pretender
    > Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Sex & Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll
    > Ram Jam - Black Betty
    > Imelda May - Johnny Got a Boom Boom / Watcha Gonna Do
    > Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi
    > Dio - Holy Diver
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    FR on the way!
    <-- huge Disturbed fan

I recommend Shaman's Harvest, Saliva, Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Nightwish (strong female vocals!), Black Stone Cherry, Godsmack, In Flames (a lil screamo, but great for a workout), Symphony X, Skillet
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    My workout music right now is the soundtrack from the new 'Tron' Movie.
  • shellsies93
    Options
    lately its been lots of secrets, bring me the horizon, crown the empire and motionless in white.
    love falling in reverse as well! :)