Andy Kaufman sighting

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
I got into work late today - around 11ish, with no breakfast. I asked my work neighbor if she wanted pancakes. She looked at me with a look of utter disgust, then looked at the clock and said, at 5 past 11, no thanks. Then she turned away from me.

So I went down to the cheap cafe at the corner of Broadway and School and into this shabby looking deli with a mexican theme. It was not too crowded.

I ordered my 4 pancakes with syrup and while I was waiting for them, this guy came and stood next to me, looking at the deli meats.

He was older and was completely bald, wore glasses, had a funny looking nose and thick brows. And then it hit me.

OMG, it was Andy. I YouTubed Andy videos to make sure just then. And by god, it was Andy Kaufman.

So I go up to the guy and say, hey lovely day huh. He doesnt even look at me. I say, hey do you know Andy Kaufman per chance? He kept looking through the glass at the meats.

So I got my pancakes and as I was leaving, he calls out, hey dude, there's no drama like wrestling. My jaw dropped.

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Lol, it sounds like this made your day.
    How do you feel? hehe
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well, huh. Did you know that recently someone came out as being his daughter and she says he faked his death to just go be a dad without hype? And I think his brother was there and backed her up? Sorry, can' t link right now, but I just read this a couple days ago.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I ran into Tony Clifton today.
  • CinthiaBiel
    Options
    yes, I saw the news about Andy kaufman's supposed daughter this evening.... ...interesting..

kaufman was brilliant and eccentric( I would say)...... I wonder if a person with his talent could really stay away from the lime light for so long.. Assuming he did fake his death......