Which BeachBody DVD set to get???

Options
There are many different ones. Turbo Fire, Insanity, power 90, Tony Hortons 10 min trainer, etc... I just started exercising 3 weeks ago, I'm 50 lbs over weight and honestly I know I can't do high intensity yet! What do you recommend?? Help! Thanks!

Replies

• BrandNewAmy
    BrandNewAmy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was just watching an infomercial for T25 tonight but that looks a little more intense than I am ready for as well. Hopefully someone else will chime in too. {I'm about 35 lbs. overweight and terribly lazy.}

:ohwell:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I would go for Turbo Fire or T25 because the modifiers (Tanya and Allie) are great to have if you're a bit sore or need to take it a bit slower. But it also gives you the option to go SUPER intense. So you can really progress with either program doing it over. I'm doing Turbo Fire right now and it's so much fun. I was doing T25, but I switched to TF because I was just so excited to start it. The music in both is great and the trainers are great. Motivating and cheerful. And look out for sales!
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've done ChaLEAN Extreme, Insanity, and Turbofire and they're all great but pretty intense (or at least the latter two are). My mother's also about 50 lbs overweight; I'm hoping to help her get things started when I visit during the holidays and was planning on getting her Turbojam (I hear it's a less intense version of Turbofire and very fun), so maybe check that out if you're interested! Also posting to read other responses. (:
  • Silvermist16
    Silvermist16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did P90 and it was quite good. Gave me a good work out but wasn't over the top and it didn't burn me out. I also have Slim in 6, I don't like it, and Turbo jam, which is also good. Don't get the 10 minutes one By Tony, too hard to follow and not logical for me. B
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire! Not only do they have Alee to show low-impact modifications, they also give "New to class" breakdowns of choreography. Some people find routines that are heavily choreography-based to be confusing or too difficult, so I think these features of Turbo Fire help tremendously. The music is so fun and upbeat, and Chalene is a great instructor. You will definitely get a workout!
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is AMAZING! I started it at nearly 250 lbs but just used the modifications in the beginning. Great workout and a ton of fun! Insanity is VERY hard on the knees and if you are already overweight I wouldn't suggest doing that one first. It is a great workout though but very intense and can be hard on the joints.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Start with 10 minute trainer or t25 with modifiers :smile:
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ive been looking at Les Mills Pump... but havent heard much talk about it.... I wont lie I bought Power 90 wasnt fun for me kinda bored... and I bought Turbo Jam... but lets say that was way to much for me to adjust to lol.
  • bluesunset2015
    Options
    I've had Turbo Jam collection for a while and I love it! I've heard many nice reviews about Turbo Fire, so I'm thinking to get it soon :)
  • mw7097
    mw7097 Posts: 10
    Options
    Your replies have helped! I'm just a geeky researcher at everything I do!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    TaiCheng
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There are many different ones. Turbo Fire, Insanity, power 90, Tony Hortons 10 min trainer, etc... I just started exercising 3 weeks ago, I'm 50 lbs over weight and honestly I know I can't do high intensity yet! What do you recommend?? Help! Thanks!

Out of those Power 90 is the least intense and still effective. It is the one that comes before P90X. You will have strength training, cardio, intervals, etc. Tony shows you the different moderations for novice and advance and you can moderate further as you need to.

Insanity and turbofire may be a little too intense for absolute beginners.....not saying you couldn't do it....but you want to start with something you can "bend" to what you need and not something so intense you may talk yourself into quitting.

This is just my opinion and I am partial to Tony Horton. :bigsmile:

Good Luck!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    For the longest time, I debated between T25 and TurboFire. I have tried both and personally prefer T25. It's quick, easy to follow and the time just flies by because it's pretty fun. I always feel such a great sense of accomplishment after each workout. TurboFire is a little more dancey and the workouts are longer. One of the main reasons I keep going back to T25 is because it's so quick and the choreography isn't complicated.

As Shaun T points out, it's only 25 minutes of your day. No excuses!

Also, I don't think the high intensity thing would be an issue- Tania provides the modified moves in the workouts if you're looking for something lower impact. The exercises are very doable.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be BB? Also look at Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Cheaper still is Jillian Michaels' 30 day slim down

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

N.B. 'Quick Trouble Zones' is the standing part of 'No More Trouble Zones'.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Well for someone who's starting I would go with 10 minute trainer and T25.
    After there's P90X or TurboFire...and Revabs also.

Insanity is very high cardio and hard on knees for beginners!

Body Beast if you want to raise muscles mass and toning.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be BB? Also look at Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Cheaper still is Jillian Michaels' 30 day slim down

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

N.B. 'Quick Trouble Zones' is the standing part of 'No More Trouble Zones'.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

^^^^I forgot about Jillian Michaels.

Her stuff is great too! They are inexpensive and can be found just about anywhere like Walmart or Target.

There is also Youtube..just about anything on there including Jillian. You could look up some of Beachbody's stuff so you can see what they consist of.

and www.fitnessblender.com....love them. They have a lot of workouts there.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I know it can be confusing to look at all of these and decide which one to get. I have been the worst at being sold on results verses the actual workouts so I think it is important to really think about what you enjoy more and also consider your current level of fitness. It can be discouraging to be all excited to get a workout set and then 3 days into it quit because it is so intense. If you go to beachbody.com ( which I am sure you have already visited) you can look at all the workouts and what they target. They have catagories for extreme, weightloss, and even beginner. Remember that anything is better than nothing!! If you pick a workout according to what you enjoy doing (dance style workouts verses weights, burpees, pushups), you will be more apt to stick with it and work your way up to more difficult workouts. I would also consider the time that you need to invest in the workouts for them to be effective. Some of the more extreme workouts call for an hour six days a week....some are just 30 minutes three times a week. I have several beachbody DVD sets and one of them that is too extreme for me now will one day be within my ability so I don't regret purchasing anything from Beachbody...however, you should also check out Julian Michaels body revolution. My niece has had nothing short of amazing results and she never worked out before. She started slow but was able to build herself up. I had a girl's pool party for my Sunday School class in August and I couldnt' believe how lean her body was and how fit she looked...not bulked up but lean and fit.

Good luck in your decision making and when you make your choice, don't get discouraged if you can't keep up when you first leave the gate. Stick with it, give it your best and keep pushing play!!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have done one round of Insanity and am currently doing Turbofire and I agree with some of the comments that they are VERY high intensity. When I started out in January I was pretty unfit and had some post pregnancy health niggles, so I used some of the Jillian Michaels DVDS as a start and built up slowly. I wasn't overweight by much perhaps 7lb, but there is no way I could have gone straight into Insanity. By the time I started Insanity I had a good fitness base and I was able to complete it without injury and I enjoyed it so much!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    HI! There's a lot of great advice here. I've done quite a few of Beachbody's programs and I was already teaching kickboxing. For someone who is new to working out and has to build up their fitness I would definitely recommend starting a program with modifications. Focus T25 has a modifier is only 25 mins, Turbo Fire just as someone else mentioned also has modifications. The programs all come with a 30 day money back guarantee so if you're not pleased you can return them. Check it out at team beachbody and there are listings of programs for every fitness level. Good luck and I hope this helped. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Keep in mind there is one thing Jillian Micheals doesn't have. With Beachbody you can enter the beachbody challenge and enter to win cash for your transformation, and when you enter your results at the end of your program you also get a free t-shirt. Keep that in mind, because it's a nice reward for your accomplishments. Have a great day.
  • beckymosley86
    beckymosley86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go for turbofire I love it this is the 1st thing I bought after having my daughter. I lost 30 lbs only 12 weeks very great program :)